Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche brought you the bumblebee I present yellow jacket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
Yes the nickname of my car is yellow jacket. I brought her home today from the shop that has been doing the finishing touches on my GT clone. Putting her on the trailer was the first time I've driven a 914 biggrin.gif . When I got home I terrorized the neighborhood with a few hot laps man these handle nice !!! Here's a basic rundown on the car, I've been working on it for 3 years and 2 months so far.

Has a 1978 911SC 3.0 with stock internals.
40mm Weber carbs.
Headers with M&K 2 in 2 out SS muffler.
1975 chassis with various stiffening additions including Engman kit.
Rich Johnson engine mount and throttle linkage.
Stock front torsion bars with Elephant Racing polybronze bushings.
Koni rear shocks with 140 lb. springs and polybronze bushings.
911 M calipers on all four corners with SC 20MM thick vented rotors.
Converted to 911 E-Brake.
Full repaint in OEM L11D Berber Yellow.
Fuchs in 16x7 + 16x8.

I still have to finish the interior and get her legal for the street. I snapped some pics though they are not the best. Happy trails everyone beerchug.gif .
shoguneagle
Great looking car and very glad it runs like . . . . . . .!!!! You have done everything I am doing to my 914 except the 140lbs springs; I think I put 180-200lbs in the rear. Congratulations.
rfuerst911sc
Thanks. I forgot to say that she corner balanced at a weight of 2100 lbs. with no interior and only a few gallons of gas but I'm happy with that. She's going to be a street , AX and DE car with full interior so I'm guessing about 2150 or so. Should have a decent power to weight ratio biggrin.gif .
MoveQik
Ahhhh...another yellow 75 with a six! Looks great beerchug.gif
FourBlades

Great looking car! Post some big pictures when you get them.

Are you going to do the local PCA autocross with it?

There is a fun and laid back group in Orlando.

John
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Feb 10 2010, 05:14 PM) *

Great looking car! Post some big pictures when you get them.

Are you going to do the local PCA autocross with it?

There is a fun and laid back group in Orlando.

John

John yes I have been running at the AX with the local PCA club for about 4 years now. Great folks and pretty competitve. First event is in 17 days and I'm hoping to bring the 914 to try and work out any kinks. If not I'll take the SC.
rick 918-S
driving.gif
jt914-6
I think you'd be happy with 200# springs. I'm using them on my street/DE car. I have a hopped up 3.0 in it. A friend, pcar916, has a 3.6 and is using 200's too and likes them for the street/track....

Click to view attachment
JazonJJordan
Very nice!
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Feb 10 2010, 05:58 PM) *

I think you'd be happy with 200# springs. I'm using them on my street/DE car. I have a hopped up 3.0 in it. A friend, pcar916, has a 3.6 and is using 200's too and likes them for the street/track....

Click to view attachment

I've got to get some miles on the car to start figuring out what chassis adjustments need to be made. I picked up the Koni's with the 140 springs for a good price so that's my baseline. This is my first 914 and up to today have never driven one so I have a learning curve ahead of me. I'm used to my 911SC. I'm sure I'll end up with stiffer springs in the rear and stiffer torsion bars up front. I just don't want to go crazy as I still want to drive it on the street in some comfort.
Justinp71
Nice ride, they're a blast to drive....
plymouth37
pray.gif Very nice!
bcheney
Congrats my friend! Very nice to see this post. A real labor of love and you have done one helluva nice job with all gathering of parts, blood, sweat and tears. I can't wait to get a ride...See you soon!!
tat2dphreak
very nice!
now someone with a ravenna car needs to be dubbed the green hornet wink.gif
watsonrx13
aktion035.gif

Float like a butterfly, sting like a yellow jacket...

-- Rob
bcheney
I stopped by to see the car yesterday and snapped a few pics. The motor sounds great!! Can wait to see this one on the AutoX track!!

bcheney
2 more
jonferns
Wow beautiful car! smilie_pokal.gif
rfuerst911sc
It was nice chatting with Brian and thanks for posting the pics. Today I worked on the rocker panels and tried to get those damn headlight motors to work. Had a neighbor help trouble shoot with minimal success. Even switched the headlight motors and nada. But that's the kind of stuff you have to debug on these old cars. Soon she will be on the road.
ericread
Who's "Toni"?

Take a look at the muffler...

brp986s
How loud and what level of resonance in the car does the 2 in/2 out have? Is it close to street legal sound-wise?
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(brp986s @ Mar 14 2010, 05:52 PM) *

How loud and what level of resonance in the car does the 2 in/2 out have? Is it close to street legal sound-wise?

I can't say for sure as the car is not street legal yet. But I have the same engine/headers/muffler on my 911SC and she sounds good. On the 911 I do " cap " the passenger side for daily driving as it is a little loud. But at the track or AX uncapping the passenger side she really sounds angry !
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(ericread @ Mar 14 2010, 05:27 PM) *

Who's "Toni"?

Take a look at the muffler...

Good eye ! I purchased the muffler from a guy named Toni. The muffler is a M&K brand, a small independant shop ( at the time ) and this was a pre-production unit. Ben the owner of M&K was working with Toni to custom fit the muffler to his 911. Project changed direction and Toni sold the muffler to me. I guess I should take some acetone to the muffler to erase.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.