Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1971 Porsche 914 V8 Custom Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914atheart
..Price reduced...I have a 1971 Porsche 914 V8 Conversion, this is a California Conversion, money wasn't an object on this transformation of a true classic into a dream car.If your looking for one of the best Custom Conversions of an Porsche 914 on the West Coast,you are looking at, offered at a fraction of the price to reproduce. Body was custom molded with flared front and rear fenders with custom made side valances and built in door handles, custom air intake for carburetor which pops up when engine starts. The original 4 cylinder engine was removed and replaced with a Chevy 283 balanced motor with a Edelbrock 650 -4bbl carburetor, bored 60 over with high performance pistons and aluminum heads with 2.0 valves, built by a high performance engine builder in California. New EGI ignition with MSD igniter, chrome harmonic balancer and alternator, upgraded bladed fuse box, custom rear sway bars with matched and balanced shocks, set up for maximum comfort and handling, interior is custom with gauges and electric door locks, with custom stereo system with speakers and amp mounted in rear trunk, custom wheels mounted on P195/50ZR15 on front and P225/50ZR15 on rear, mounted on Dunlop Sport 8000 tires, beafed up stock 914 transmission to handle torque of V8 engine with Hydraulic clutch system, upgraded Hurst shifter, bigger power brakes for better stopping power, cooling system is handled with a full size custom aluminum radiator mounted in front trunk with hoses ran through the side valances,chassis has been stiffened for additional support for stability and handling, front valance and rear end completely custom made, electric trunk release and engine access doors, surrounded by a remote alarm system, Ultima battery mounted in rear trunk compartment. This vehicle can be driven anywhere in any kind of weather. Very dependable and very fast, even has a/c system hooked up. White exterior with grey cloth interior. I have been unable to find any rust anywhere on this vehicle, the builder mostly used stainless steel screws and bolts when they put this vehicle together.....a few other things I know about this vehicle: Blower fan motor was out of a 81 Mustang, AC compressor out of a Eagle, Vac actuators out of a Ford, AC vents out of a 87 Nissan Van, Radiator out of a Howe Aluminum Dodge configuration, Electric radiator fan - late 80's Buick, Front brake calipers - 80's 320i BMW, master cylinder and booster - 81 mustang, clutch slave and master - Chevy truck, motors that unlock engine top compartments - 91 Dodge Stealth (door lock motors), windshield washer - 87 Vista wagon, shifter and cable - 94 Eclipse, interior arms - 90 jeep, electric window/door lock solenoid-84 Dodge, door handles-92 Pontiac Grand Am, Interior arms-90 Jeep, Vac modulator for engine scoop - GM, rear sway bar - modified S-10, front sway bar -modified 91 Ford Fiesta, as you can see it took someone (engineer) to put this rocket together right, definately one of a kind...I just got back from a 2,000 mile trip, with no problems but I did surprise a few new corvette owners, what a ride...please contact me with any questions..thank you. Hopefully the pics will tell the rest of the story, they say a picture is worth a 1000 words, enjoy..unfortunately i didn't get a picture of the radiator in the front i'll work on it, ...I used to be a purist but this particular 914 earned a place in my heart..Pics to follow. Asking $13,950.00.....price reduced $12,950.00 Partial trades considered..thanks
Rand
Here's a FAQ answer on image posting:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637

I'm guessing your images are probably too large. If you run Windows, Microsoft Image Resizer is the easiest tool to use. It's on this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

The direct download link is:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...wertoySetup.exe
914atheart
QUOTE(Rand @ Feb 11 2010, 11:49 AM) *

Here's a FAQ answer on image posting:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637

I'm guessing your images are probably too large. If you run Windows, Microsoft Image Resizer is the easiest tool to use. It's on this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

The direct download link is:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...wertoySetup.exe

Thanks for the information, unfortunately I have Windows Vista and even after trying to download the appropriate info off the internet I was unable to load my pictures. Will keep trying..Roy
Rand
Sent you a PM with my email. I would be happy to post the pics here for you. Curious to see them!
Rand
Pics!
Rand
Rand
Rand
914atheart
Rand...thanks again, the pics wouldn't of been possible without your help..you are a big asset to this web site..Roy
championgt1
Nice looking car. Good luck with the sale.

Rand aktion035.gif
ssstikircr
I tried PM you a couple of times but no reply....

What kind of trades are you looking for... I have several cars too choose from send me your email n I can send some pics. Or check some of my past posts to see some pics

thanks
Alex

Datsun 510 W/300zx V6
74 914 2.0 4cyl
73 914 2.2 6cyl
68 911 RS repl w/2.4 6cyl
240z w/v8

Gint
QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Feb 23 2010, 05:47 PM) *
I tried PM you a couple of times but no reply....
Click on his username and in the user info page there is a link to "Send an Email". He might be more likely to see an email than a PM on the site. Especially if he doesn't get email notifications of PMs.

Here's a shortcut. Click this link to email 914atheart
Andyrew
He's posted it on ebay
ssstikircr
Thanks..... but thats what I did the first couple of times. none the less I tried again. confused24.gif
914atheart
QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Feb 23 2010, 10:32 PM) *

Thanks..... but thats what I did the first couple of times. none the less I tried again. confused24.gif

Sorry I've been away from this web site, I've listed the car on Ebay..any questions..thanks..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.