Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Injector Leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kkid
So I pulled all the injectors for engine drop. Up on the pulling one of the injector(#2) was leaking from the tip for about 2 seconds and stopped. I checked the spark plug and it had slight ash(carbon deposit) on the housing but not on the electrode or core. Other 3 injectors were dry but #1 plug had a little less ash as well.

Is this normal? Does an injector not stay closed when the engine is off?

Thanks in advance.

type47
Some dirt holding the pintle open? Now is the time to send your injectors out for cleaning. They'll come back in less than a week all matched, cleaned and rebuilt. Have a spare injector in case one of the original 4 can no longer be used. (I've had that happen with 1 of 10 injectors but sample size is only 10).
mtndawg
It sounds minor, but if the injectors have never been replace or serviced I would get them checked out by a FI expert. I had mine done by FI Corporation.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(kkid @ Feb 11 2010, 01:11 AM) *

So I pulled all the injectors for engine drop. Up on the pulling one of the injector(#2) was leaking from the tip for about 2 seconds and stopped. I checked the spark plug and it had slight ash(carbon deposit) on the housing but not on the electrode or core. Other 3 injectors were dry but #1 plug had a little less ash as well.

Is this normal? Does an injector not stay closed when the engine is off?

Thanks in advance.

not normal. Just like 47 said try to clean them or replace. (these things are very very old now!
76-914
agree.gif I sent mine to Witch Hunter (he is a member here) and was very satisfied with the price, turn around time and the performance data sheet that is supplied at no additional charge.
kkid
Thanks everyone for the advise.

It was actually serviced not log ago(last April) by Cruizin'. It had more leak in the first place even though the test result was good. So I sent it back to him and the leak finally stopped since but it seems to have happened again.

I've had bad gas mileage recently and the power below 3000rpm is gotten less. But idle is stable somehow.

As you folks say, it may be a time for change.

OmaPossu
Has anyone tried those remanufactured injectors?
For example from Remartautoparts:
# Part Type: Fuel Injector
# Part #: MP-23008
# Manufacturer: AUS Injection
# Condition: Remanufactured

At least those are much cheaper than Bosch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.