Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Powder Coating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ellisor3
I want to powder coat my engine tins, but am not sure which color will match the L32k Phoenix red. Anybody ever do a porsche color conversion to RAL colors?
Here is a chart, but it is difficult to match with a chart.

RAL Color chart
detoxcowboy
The powder coater I use said they can do any color, Never tried to pe\rfect match though, just use your paint code, I would think..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Feb 11 2010, 05:49 AM) *

I want to powder coat my engine tins, but am not sure which color will match the L32k Phoenix red. Anybody ever do a porsche color conversion to RAL colors?
Here is a chart, but it is difficult to match with a chart.

RAL Color chart

several customers have On certain pieces though it looks very bad. The color highlights every flaw
VaccaRabite
You would either have to get the body metal perfect ($$$$$$$$$$) or use a filler that could stand being cooked at about 500 degrees for a little while. Which means body solder, which is (again) more expensive to do then using even the best plastic fillers.

Zach

jonferns
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 11 2010, 10:43 AM) *

You would either have to get the body metal perfect ($$$$$$$$$$) or use a filler that could stand being cooked at about 500 degrees for a little while. Which means body solder, which is (again) more expensive to do then using even the best plastic fillers.

Zach

Zach, he's talking about his engine tin not the body itself laugh.gif
black73
or use a filler that could stand being cooked at about 500 degrees for a little while.

JB weld? shades.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Feb 11 2010, 10:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 11 2010, 10:43 AM) *

Zach

Zach, he's talking about his engine tin not the body itself laugh.gif

pwned! drunk.gif WTF.gif chair.gif sheeplove.gif hissyfit.gif

laugh.gif
EdwardBlume
I agree. IMHO black is the way to go...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.