Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HF sale ad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
charliew
I get all of the hf adds on email and I have a insider sub. i'm not sure if the insider sub. is good or not yet. The multitool can be gotten for 29.95 with a hf coupon I found in one of my gun mags.
yeahmag
Something killed my first red top battery and I was using that charger. I'm afraid of it now...
underthetire
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Feb 11 2010, 10:23 AM) *

Something killed my first red top battery and I was using that charger. I'm afraid of it now...

Optimas-you either get a good one or chances are a not so good one. I've had this on my dirt bike battery for three years! It's only able to put out 500MA, so it would not kill a battery, just keep the stereo from draining it.
pbanders
Hmm, my guess is that charger is designed for "normal" lead-acid batteries, not the AGM (i.e. Optima) batteries. My maintenance charger has both an AGM and a "Normal" setting, but, it didn't cost $3.99 smile.gif.
pbanders
FYI, Optima float charge info:
http://www.optimabatteries.com/product_support/charging.php

"13.2 to 13.8 volts, 1 amp maximum current, time indefinite (at lower voltage)."

I don't see why the $3.99 charger would be a problem, assuming it was able to supply in that voltage range.
underthetire
QUOTE(pbanders @ Feb 11 2010, 12:52 PM) *

FYI, Optima float charge info:
http://www.optimabatteries.com/product_support/charging.php

"13.2 to 13.8 volts, 1 amp maximum current, time indefinite (at lower voltage)."

I don't see why the $3.99 charger would be a problem, assuming it was able to supply in that voltage range.

13.5VDC at 500MA ( 1/2 amp ) I used them on my gel cells for my RC airplane starter box as well, no problems.

A lot of guys here complain about the red-top optimas going south. Vibration kills them is what they say. Most have switched to the Excide or yellow tops. I have the excide version, just cause it was free to me. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.