Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody recognize this piston manufacturer?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MrLeeS
Do any of you folks recognize this logo? This is a 96mm piston but I can't identify the manufacturer, doesn't appear to be KB, AA, Wiseco, or Mahle. the same marking is on the edge of the wrist pin. I would like to find out who made it so i can knowif it is forged or H-Cast.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Cima? Brazilian manufacturer.
wayne1234
I think it is AA... my AA set also has that stamped on them, and the wrist pins...
MrLeeS
Yep, AA it is. i called AA and that is the mark of one of their earlier manufacturers.

Thanks Guys
Jake Raby
Cheng Shin

Here are a few that we've experienced failures with in the past.. One had a nice valve through the top of it.

Click to view attachment
ellisor3
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Feb 11 2010, 04:10 PM) *

Cheng Shin

Would that be Chinese for cheap shit or cheap skate?
chair.gif
MrLeeS
Got it. I think i'll move on to some 103's.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(MrLeeS @ Feb 11 2010, 02:38 PM) *

Got it. I think i'll move on to some 103's.

Big bores require big expenditures on cylinder heads to be effective and create an efficient engine..Big bores without the proper combo result in a hot running, less than powerful combination.

We make over 200HP with a 96mm bore, maintain 25MPG and run it on pump gas.. So many times we have proven that bigger isn't better..

I'd do some homework before pulling the trigger.. You can read for months on the subject.
ME733
...........And to answer the last part of your question. Yes they are cast., not forged., It,s my opinion also that the 103 mm size piston takes a LOT of work to be efficient,(that means expensive)..mm.
sean_v8_914
hey, that sounds familiar...
PS. I washed those Dell 45s
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.