Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: vwporsche914-6 emblem needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We are trying to complete this vw porsche 914-6 emblem and the molder has to cut it in half to make the mold and all we have is one and I do not want to cut it. Does anyone have an emblem new or used that I can buy? the reward will be a free vwporsche914-6 emblem when they are completed.
RJMII
I'm working on machining them out of billet aluminum...

along with 914-8, 918S, 914-SUBY, and a few other varients.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 11 2010, 01:22 PM) *

I'm working on machining them out of billet aluminum...

along with 914-8, 918S, 914-SUBY, and a few other varients.

so do you have an extra factory emblem that I can buy? We will not interfere with your good efforts just making a gold factory identical one.
TheCabinetmaker
I have one that is slightly bent. Can you use that?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Feb 11 2010, 01:40 PM) *

I have one that is slightly bent. Can you use that?

yes we certainly can. Thank you. Please send!
MoveQik
I have one. Never been mounted on a car. It is one of yours if you want it back. biggrin.gif

***Edit*** mine is not the 914-6, just the 914. My bad.
TheCabinetmaker
George, My most humble apologies. I went to take it off one of my parts cars, but it appears that someone has already helped themselves to it. Grrr!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Feb 11 2010, 01:48 PM) *

I have one. Never been mounted on a car. It is one of yours if you want it back. biggrin.gif

yes please I will buy it back! Thank you. How soon can I have it?
dr914@autoatlanta.com

woops ok
SirAndy
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Feb 11 2010, 12:53 PM) *

George, My most humble apologies. I went to take it off one of my parts cars, but it appears that someone has already helped themselves to it. Grrr!

You have a euro 914-6 parts car ???

confused24.gif Andy
MoveQik
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 11 2010, 02:12 PM) *

Its in stock and it will ship tomorrow. I promise. hide.gif

Damn it!!! I tried SO hard to take the high road and not put that joke in there but I lack the self control to pull it off. Sorry George.

In all seriousness, I can get it out the door this weekend. I am with clients this afternoon and all day tomorrow otherwise I would send it then. I painted it yellow to match my car but I don't think it matters for your purposes.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thank you very much. we are planning on reproducing all of the emblems in metal. black as original and gold as original. We are doing them as demand dictates.

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Feb 11 2010, 02:35 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 11 2010, 02:12 PM) *

Its in stock and it will ship tomorrow. I promise. hide.gif

Damn it!!! I tried SO hard to take the high road and not put that joke in there but I lack the self control to pull it off. Sorry George.

In all seriousness, I can get it out the door this weekend. I am with clients this afternoon and all day tomorrow otherwise I would send it then. I painted it yellow to match my car but I don't think it matters for your purposes. You can pay what you think is fair.

MoveQik
Before I go shipping, this is the correct part, right? I bought it there in person in 2001. My wife sent me and my dad there as a Father's Day surprise. Not sure why I never put it on the car.

Lou W
Do you need a 914-VW-Porsche emblem to borrow? I have a new one if you need it.
Lou W
Or are you talking about this one?
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Lou W @ Feb 11 2010, 01:57 PM) *

I believe he wants the one with the 6 on it smile.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(faux916 @ Feb 11 2010, 04:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Lou W @ Feb 11 2010, 01:57 PM) *

I believe he wants the one with the 6 on it smile.gif

Ya, I think you're right. smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
I have one...that I had to pay double the price for.... you can buy it back for twice that amount if you really need it biggrin.gif

Still sitting on the shelf.
carr914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 11 2010, 06:40 PM) *

I have one...that I had to pay double the price for.... you can buy it back for twice that amount if you really need it biggrin.gif

lol-2.gif poke.gif lol-2.gif
carr914
Or you can have this one for $400
T.C.

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Feb 11 2010, 02:50 PM) *

Before I go shipping, this is the correct part, right? I bought it there in person in 2001. My wife sent me and my dad there as a Father's Day surprise. Not sure why I never put it on the car.

no I need the 914-6 vw porsche emblem. That one is the vw porsche emblem. We have plenty of those on the shelf. I am trying to get the european emblem for the 914-6 that was put on those cars.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Lou W @ Feb 11 2010, 02:57 PM) *

yes Lou. That is the one I need.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 11 2010, 04:40 PM) *

yes please how much would it be? I am going to cut it in half to make the mold so a used one would be good as well. I could cut my original one in half but hated to destroy an original. Soon I will have 100 of them all new heavily gold plated and cheap!
Sleepin
Nice clock Wills! blink.gif (I said clock!) lol-2.gif
sixnotfour
I could cut my original one in half but hated to destroy an original.

Is his not OG ?
carr914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 11 2010, 07:26 PM) *

yes please how much would it be? I am going to cut it in half to make the mold so a used one would be good as well. I could cut my original one in half but hated to destroy an original. Soon I will have 100 of them all new heavily gold plated and cheap!

Right after your newest catalog came out with the listed price of $145, you wouldn't sell one for less than $180 (said it was last one), so I guess Jon's price is $360.

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 11 2010, 09:17 PM) *

Is his not OG ?

I guess the aim is to make a copy of a copy
scotty b
After some deliberation, King Solomon calls for a sword to be brought before him. He declares that there is only one fair solution: the badge must be split in two, each owner receiving half of the badge. Upon hearing this terrible verdict, the badge's true owner cries out, "Please, My Lord, give him the badge—do not cut it!" However, the liar, in his bitter jealousy, exclaims, "It shall be neither mine nor yours—divide it!" Solomon instantly gives the badge to the real owner, realizing that the true owner's instincts were to protect the badge, while the liar revealed that he did not truly love the badge.

championgt1
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 11 2010, 03:40 PM) *

w00t.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 11 2010, 05:23 PM) *

no I need the 914-6 vw porsche emblem. That one is the vw porsche emblem. We have plenty of those on the shelf. I am trying to get the european emblem for the 914-6 that was put on those cars.

George.....I specifically edit my comment stating that I don't have the 914-6 emblem. You even quote me and reply saying that you still want it. Do you even read posts before you reply??? I quit.
Sleepin
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Feb 11 2010, 10:41 PM) *

Do you even read posts before you reply??? I quit.

I said you had a nice clock! KMA.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 11 2010, 11:22 PM) *

Do you even read posts before you reply??? I quit.

I said you had a nice clock! KMA.gif

Best clock in the house! And it is right two times a day. biggrin.gif
johannes
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 11 2010, 06:42 PM) *

After some deliberation, King Solomon calls for a sword to be brought before him. He declares that there is only one fair solution: the badge must be split in two, each owner receiving half of the badge. Upon hearing this terrible verdict, the badge's true owner cries out, "Please, My Lord, give him the badge—do not cut it!" However, the liar, in his bitter jealousy, exclaims, "It shall be neither mine nor yours—divide it!" Solomon instantly gives the badge to the real owner, realizing that the true owner's instincts were to protect the badge, while the liar revealed that he did not truly love the badge.
This story scared me when I was a child ...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yup they are all gone and I thought that I had saved one but did not. I sent the one from the last six but when the guy said he had to cut it in half I had to seek another.
You know me I pay what I have to to get 914 parts so here is your opportunity to price nail me. I need one and will pay what it takes.

QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 11 2010, 07:32 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 11 2010, 07:26 PM) *

Right after your newest catalog came out with the listed price of $145, you wouldn't sell one for less than $180 (said it was last one), so I guess Jon's price is $360.

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 11 2010, 09:17 PM) *

Is his not OG ?

I guess the aim is to make a copy of a copy

dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am old and stupid. What can I say. Many accuse me of not reading the whole e mail, yes.

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 11 2010, 05:23 PM) *

George.....I specifically edit my comment stating that I don't have the 914-6 emblem. You even quote me and reply saying that you still want it. Do you even read posts before you reply??? I quit.
PeeGreen 914
George, I really do want mine but I WILL sell it for $250 AND one of the repros you make. If that sounds fair I am game.
PeeGreen 914
Alright. I called George and I'll be helping out you crazy guys that have always wanted one of these but couldn't find one. beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 12 2010, 12:30 PM) *

Alright. I called George and I'll be helping out you crazy guys that have always wanted one of these but couldn't find one. beerchug.gif

Thank you for helping out Jon. Maybe we can have a group buy when these are done.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 12 2010, 09:36 AM) *

I really do want mine but I WILL sell it for $250 AND one of the repros you make.

Damn, i shouldn't have cut up mine to make a 916 emblem!

But I only paid $100 for it ...
shades.gif Andy
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 12 2010, 01:12 PM) *

I really do want mine but I WILL sell it for $250 AND one of the repros you make.

shades.gif Andy

don't cut a real one! Wait for one of the repros!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 12 2010, 12:12 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

I didn't sell it for 250 wink.gif . I sold it for what I bought it for.
PanelBilly
You a nice guy Jon.
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 12 2010, 12:34 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 12 2010, 01:12 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

don't cut a real one! Wait for one of the repros!

Too late. biggrin.gif

When i bought mine, they were still available from Porsche.
I had it in my parts stash for years and then used it to make my "916" badge.

I had no idea they would become unobtanium ...
unsure.gif Andy
carr914

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 12 2010, 02:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 12 2010, 03:35 PM) *

I didn't sell it for 250 wink.gif . I sold it for what I bought it for.

That's some good Karma coming your way Jon, maybe some rubs off on me. biggrin.gif

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.