Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle mechanic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeremiah98125
Wondering if anyone knows of a decent and affordable mechanic in the Seattle area?

I got my dad's '72 1.7 finally and it needs quite a bit of work. I'm doing some work on the electrical right now (has some melted wires in the dash) and then gonna replace some of the old fuel and vacuum line myself. Hoping to get it fired up after that, but there's a bunch of stuff that I won't be able to do myself.

The hell hole looks like hell, has a 3-4 inch hole that looks like it needs to get patched up. The hole is developing right around where a smaller wire comes off the main battery lead and goes through the bottom.. I also wanted to replace the plastic fuel tubes with stainless ones. The suspension and brakes also need attention. The car was sitting for about 12 years since it was last running so I kind of just want someone who knows what to look for to check it over.. I'd like to find a mechanic with their own garage where I could help out with some of the parts cleaning/painting/prep work. Any leads?
PeeGreen 914
Well, if you are in the Greenwood area stop by Matt's Greenwood Autocare on 79th and Greenwood. Ask for Tim. He has worked for Herman and Aker and knows 914s better than many. He MAY be will to do some work on it. It would all be side work for him but I would stop by and check with him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.