Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How well do your triangle windows fit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wayne1234
headbang.gif I am trying to check a few things off my punch list... So I was adjusting my triangle windows and I just cant seem to get em right... I have spent at least 2 hours on just one of them. I have the adjustment stud on the bottom at max capacity but the cap area and where window meets the cap just doesnt seal, I have tried up down tilted and even enlarged the holes to get more adjustment confused24.gif if I pour water in the cap to window area on the outside of car I get a dribble from that point on the inside... I want to keep as much water as possible out of the car driving.gif so I wont be scared to death to drive it if it might rain.. the dribble sees to run down inside window, and down the inside of the door but the interior panel is not on... the seals seems to be in good condition, I have a theory that since the windows have been out for a few months that the that the triangle cap needs to seat into the seal, because the cap is wider than the window the seal needs to press in,,, so now I have the doors shut seeing what will happen,,, or maybe I chasing a problem in the car its self... so how well do your guys windows seal?? can you see a "dent" in the seal from the window cap? confused24.gif Thanks

Here is the area I'm talking about

Click to view attachment
detoxcowboy
Try all your other window adjustments, it is a dance that takes hours and days sometimes.. when you give up they settle a little into a position.. Try your other adjustments as they affect eachother a little.. Also patience.. Realize that washing a car or dumping water on "OLD" targa car is different than a constant rain.. I can find leaks with the hose angles that the rain will never find.. ooops never say never,, And put a towel behind your seat so you can wipe the windows while drivng VW bug style.. Even if it does not leak, your body heat in that little car will sweat up the windows good and fast in a Decent Rain and Decent Drive... causing you to drive with the windows open so you can de fog better faster.. If you have to drive all day in the rain forget it it, bring 2 towels.. That is my rain experience all my seals are new. and fit pretty damn good too..
rick 918-S
I don't remember if you replaced the "A" pillar seals or not. Old dried seals will give you just as many fits as new oversize seals. There is no real trick just persistence.

Oh, and when you weld the chassis you will get some deflection. This may be your issue. I would suggest eventually changing the "A" pillar and windsheild frame to targa top gasket. Oh, then I'm sure you will have to start adjusting the windows all over again... biggrin.gif

Oh, and don't forget to clip the targa top on the car before final adjustment. You may have to adjust the front clamps on the targa top also. They can pull the frame sometimes. Lots to check and check and check...

Oh, one more check for you. Check the door seal first. Use a dollar bill around the opening to check the door is not binding and has proper tension on the gasket all the way around the opening. THEN start on the Triangle window. Check the "A" pillar gasket tension at both the top and bottom of the triangle window. Should onlt be a slight drag on the dollar both top and bottom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.