Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SPRING RATES
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
agentblr
THE PO SAID MY REARS WERE 100 LBS BUT THEY SURE RIDE MORE LIKE 180S THE SPRINGS ARE PAINTED BLACK BUT THEY EACH HAVE LITTLE GREEN PAINT SMEARS ON THEM,DOES THIS RING A BELL WITH ANY ONE confused24.gif
Mueller
without measuring it is tough to know for sure.....the rough ride could be from bad/sticking bushings or from the shocks (KYB's???)

the springs come off in about 15 minutes worth of work....you can use free weights to get pretty darn close to the spring rate....
Dave_Darling
You might also consider turning off the CAPS LOCK. In some places on-line, it's considered the equivalent to shouting.

--DD
agentblr
Yeah they are KYB ,called Pelican they are definetly 100lbs, shocks seem in good order,still doesnt solve my ride height problem so like a back woods boogan I cut 3 coils off ,went around the block seems to ride better evn though cutting them makes for a higher spring rates Before
agentblr
After
agentblr
Woops wrong pic here it is After
Mueller
nice looking car.....regular 914 bumpers (hopefully, smile.gif ) or 916 style??
agentblr
Thanks, Glass bumpers from GT they should Be tommorw,cant wait as I look like a doof drivin like that wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.