Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a good, uncracked intake boot!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
I dunno whether 74/75, CA or 49 state are all the same, or if there are differences, but I need one to make this garage queen go away! Information on possible crack filling materials is also welcome. I don't think RTV is gonna hold up, but maybe there's something out there that'll work over the long haul.

Thanks in advance! The Cap'n
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 13 2010, 02:03 PM) *

I dunno whether 74/75, CA or 49 state are all the same, or if there are differences, but I need one to make this garage queen go away! Information on possible crack filling materials is also welcome. I don't think RTV is gonna hold up, but maybe there's something out there that'll work over the long haul.

come on crusty! Step up the the plate and buy a new one. YOU can afford it.
underthetire
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 13 2010, 01:03 PM) *

Is it cracked through/split or just cosmetic? just visual, might try plasti-dip. I tried gluing my 73 together once, and nothing I found worked very long.
Sleepin
I have a pristine one....but I use it a few times a year. lol-2.gif

I have used the two part (in syringe) bumper repair stuff to fix rubber with great success though.
jim_hoyland
Those wet-suit repair kits really work great. smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Got one! AA had one in stock, and Fedex says it's been shipped ..........

Thanks, George!

The Cap'n
sww914
I've had some success with Lord Fusor plastic bumper repair goo. The "rubber" must be extremely clean, like Dr's office clean. Of course, you need an $80.00 gun to dispense it.
davesprinkle
Cap'n, glad to hear that you found a new boot. Just an FYI, I went through this replacement about a month ago with my '74 Ljet. My new boot had larger port for the aux air fitting. Don't recall the exact size, but the new port was about 5mm larger than my fitting. I had to have a machinist turn up an adaptulator.

The lesson here is that there ARE minor differences year-to-year in this boot. Not that we can afford to be picky, though...
r_towle
George is the man.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.