Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Texas teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zy84
Hello all I just joined the 914 world. I was wondering if there were any 914s in South TX. that may want to go out on a run. I just got my 73 running. It still needs a lot of body and some mechanical work. Also what kind of shocks and struts should I get and where can I get them?
76-914
icon_bump.gif welcome.png I'll defer on the shock question. There are plenty of experts here that can pipe in. I have Bilsteins but what do I know! I'm glad to see an interest in getting other maniacs together to "share the scare". Good for you. And don't eat any of those Cactus Buttons that grow wild in your area. They'll make you see C O L O R S
Grelber
welcome.png

I don't know about South Texas, but there's a bunch of us up here in the metroplex.
914Sixer
There are several of us in the San Antonio area if you need some help.
jcambo7
welcome.png Their are a few of us in Oklahoma also!
You can find shocks at pelicanparts.com, autoatlanta.com, or http://www.pmbperformance.com/page/page/1925565.htm
rick 918-S
welcome.png thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
zy84
Thanks guys once I get some of the mechanical problems out of the way and feel confident it won't leave me stranded some where I would definitely be down for driving up to San Antonio for a weekend and go out for a spin with you guys. About the cactus buttons your advice came too late, I already saw the colors.

Click to view attachment

This is my 73 it was originally orange but got painted navy blue. I acquired it from my aunt's husband who no longer had the time or money to work on it. I am the third owner of this car. My uncle never put it under his name though. So the title only has the previous owner and my name on it. The other owner was my uncle's cousin who purchased back when he was in college. I am thinking he sent it to get painted blue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.