Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help with seatbelts please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
Today I went through the stash-o-parts that came with my car and found the seatbelts. It looks like one of them the spring is shot as it won't retract. The other one won't pull out is there some magic to get it to release ? Any one have pictures of how these are installed ? Should I just replace them to be safe ? When you buy new belts do they come with the receiver portion also ? You know the part the belt snaps into. Who's got good prices on these ?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Feb 13 2010, 03:45 PM) *

Today I went through the stash-o-parts that came with my car and found the seatbelts. It looks like one of them the spring is shot as it won't retract. The other one won't pull out is there some magic to get it to release ? Any one have pictures of how these are installed ? Should I just replace them to be safe ? When you buy new belts do they come with the receiver portion also ? You know the part the belt snaps into. Who's got good prices on these ?

Have to be in an upright position to pull out and are not available from the factory anymore. Originally you bought the retractor and holster as two different parts. NOS is around but not the holsters there are plenty of holsters and good used retractors out there. Retractors go behind the backpad and the belt connects to the rocker and the inner roll bar. New aftermarket are available with all of the hardware and work and look great.
underthetire
Mine are a PIA to. It's like pulling teeth to get them to come out.
rfuerst911sc
OK the good news is both seat belt retractors work. The part numbers are 914 803 181 11 + 914 803 182 11. Which is drivers side and passenger side ? And how/where does the strange looking chrome bracket mount ? I also found the receivers so I at least have the main parts but I'm missing mounting hardware. Pictures of installed seatbelts would be helpful. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.