Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 E Brake Conversion Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I took some spare trailing arms and started my 911 e-brake conversion this afternoon. I got the e-brake parts cleaned, arms ground and everything test fitted up. Having cut off the brake shield tab off, I was wondering what if any shield anybody was running. I was thinking that I should find a set of 911 shields and fab up a new mounting arm for the rear. I am planning to use Tangerine Racing cable set up.
strawman
I'm not running shields, front or rear, based on the advice of others on this site. Specifically, my front suspension came from a 1976 911 Turbo, and the rear brakes from a 1976 911 (modified, of course, for the 914 trailing arms).

My tub is still on a rotisserie, so I cannot comment if it will in fact cause problems down the road...

Geoff
Larry.Hubby
I'm running stock 930 shields all around, since I'm using 930 rotors. The shields are there to keep large amounts of water off of the discs when you splash through puddles. You don't have to have them, but without them there may be a second or two of delay before the water gets squeezed off and your brakes grab after you splash through standing water. I figured the factory thought it was important enough for a street car to include them, so it probably is. I'm using an earlier e-brake set-up, so the mounting holes on the backing plate don't match up with those in the shields. I fixed that by spot-welding some small tabs containing captive nuts onto the backing plates at the right locations.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.