Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 Liter ---Decision to part out or not
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
unsure.gif I ended up with 72 2 liter complete to muffler but been sitting (inside) for a long time ....condition unknown. Trying to decide to sell as unit or part out. Have seen comments about what some key parts are worth but not really sure.
Do I sell complete or dissasemble....Thanks for the input
Dr Evil
6cyl or 4?
sixaddict
Sorry .....4 cylinder ......2 liter.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 14 2010, 12:46 AM) *

unsure.gif I ended up with 72 2 liter complete to muffler but been sitting (inside) for a long time ....condition unknown. Trying to decide to sell as unit or part out. Have seen comments about what some key parts are worth but not really sure.
Do I sell complete or dissasemble....Thanks for the input

Sure it is not a 73 w/ a manufacture date of 72?
rick 918-S
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif Depends entirely on condition and 72 would be 1.7 I think unless the engine was swapped in. thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Joe Owensby
It really depends on how good condition it is in. If it is pretty bad, parts, if not= car. Where in SC? JoeO
sixaddict
Car is not a survivor....Question is will i net more $ by parting engine or selling compelete...My gues is parting but do not know component parts value
Th
r_towle
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Show pics we can all step up and voice our useless opinions

Rich
bcaschera
definitely parting it out will yield more cash, but it could take longer. I think that you can expect $600-$800 for just the engine. I have seen 2.0 cores sell for $400 w/ no fuel injection. selling the FI, heat exchangers and heads separate will probably get you more money than selling the engine whole... I it fuel injected, or carbed?? if carbed what type?
jcambo7
agree.gif
I'm positive that 2.0L weren't put into 914's until '73.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.