Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fitted my Triad Muffler yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rod
I'm in the UK and managed to source a set of HE's from Mudfoot76 which arrived perfectly and nicely packaged (although it took 2 months as the package went to Germany first, not here in the UK.. confused24.gif) I then got a muffler from Dave @ Triad and that arrived in what looks like a purpose made box along with gaskets and all hardware..

Fitted it all yesterday and what a difference! The car is a standard FI 1.7 and adding the 2.0 HE's and the Triad has given it a lot more in the midrange, it just wants to rev a lot easier, also it will cruise on the motorway at an easy 10mph faster and surprisingly is a bit quieter too! The sound is great also, I see what people mean about it making the car sound more like a six, it really does.. I got a fibreglass valence and cut that for the twin exit pipes and it looks factory to my wifes eyes.

So thanks to 914 world for helpig me get my exhaust gases out.. Oh one more thng - if you heat isn't working properly, check your HE's, with these new ones installed I get heat far quicker and it's toasty in the cabin I have had to turn the heat down for the first time! aktion035.gif
McMark
aktion035.gif

And you can't post about that kinda bling without earning yourself a big fat...
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

cool.gif
Rod
Sorry to take so long to get pics up, i've been too bust driving it!

I got a fibreglass rear valance and cut out the two exhaust shapes and then strengethened it with more 'glass, so there is a return on the inside of the lip rather than just a cut - looks nice and sounds great driving.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
EdwardBlume
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
rick 918-S
thumb3d.gif
Sleepin
Very nice!!! drooley.gif
veltror
is that Tesco Unleaded I see, I also have a Triad and SS H/e s just need to get the rest of the car done....
Mr Pharmacist
That looks great Rod shades.gif - better add one to my shopping list!

BTW your garage looks far too organised & tidy - puts mine to shame! unsure.gif
Frost
That looks good. Man i want that 914VWPorsche badge1
Als914
OOps. I hit new thread instead of reply, so heres my reply in your thread.

Hey Rod,

agree.gif Looks great!!!
I was going to go with the same system and thought I would have it Jet Hot Ceramic coated but then bought my Borla SS dual outlet system at a price I couldn't walk away from. My avitar is called DeepThroat for that reason... the note is awesome and the power band improved dramatically. My 914 is a converted 1.8 to 2.0 with a Web cam suited to L-Jetronis FI w/ swivle adjusting screws in the valve train which really quiets the engine. The trans is from a 914-6 and is geared different from the 4's making this combo a real nice road car.
Enjoy yours. driving.gif

Al

Click to view attachment

Al Garcia
Triaddave
Rod,
thanks for the pictures...I love happy endings.
PS, the boxes are custom made too
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.