Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: A one of a Kind
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
1957, 1958 & 1959 All Rolled Into One!

This car was built by N2A motors (No Two Alike).
Unbelievable! The company is planning a production run
Of about 100 vehicles.. It sits on a Corvette C6 chassis,
Front styled like a 57 Chevy, side like a 58, rear like a 59.
Hence the designation "789."
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
Very cool
sixnotfour
SO ??

Must be a Johny Cash Fan , One piece at a time , Its a 55-56-57 automobile ,Youll know its me when I come through your town.
scotty b
Side mirrors and windshield ruin an otherwise killer car dry.gif
rick 918-S
A little research in advance may have been prudent. The wings on the 59 Impala caused lift at around 90 mph causing the car to become unstable. I would have picked a different rear end if I were the builder.

Oh, and the rule of thirds in the design here was not followed. Nice but not my cup.
Lou W
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 14 2010, 11:36 AM) *

Ya, I'd have to agree sad.gif
plymouth37
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 14 2010, 10:36 AM) *

I was thinking the same thing. would have looked better with a stock or slightly chopped windshield frame and some 57 mirrors
PanelBilly
I've seen one of these and they are very cool. I thought the engineering of the different styles was done well.
76-914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 14 2010, 10:04 AM) *

A little research in advance may have been prudent. The wings on the 59 Impala caused lift at around 90 mph causing the car to become unstable. I would have picked a different rear end if I were the builder.

Oh, and the rule of thirds in the design here was not followed. Nice but not my cup.

Your right. I didn't think many people knew this. Good job. Do you also know about the original 'cudas rear windows problems?
shoguneagle
You are right in the '59 rear end wing design. Had '59 Lift on me at 100 mph and you talk about strange feeling. Ended up wrecking and not wanting another one. To this day I still do not like rear spring suspension! Chevy did not do the engineering homework on this rear wing and spring supension design.

Gearhead1432
The 1960 Impalas (Biscane, Belair) has a redesigned body with no fins like that. GM more than likely discovered the problem after the fact. Oops

I don't think these body styles fit the dynamics of the car.... the C6. I'd rather see something sharkish like some of the 60s prototypes.

-Rob
jcambo7
Not my cup o' tea...
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Feb 14 2010, 04:06 PM) *

Not my cup o' tea...

What, you don't like an ugly mishmash?

The Cap'n
zymurgist
QUOTE(Gearhead1432 @ Feb 14 2010, 06:34 PM) *

I don't think these body styles fit the dynamics of the car.... the C6. I'd rather see something sharkish like some of the 60s prototypes.

agree.gif

If it's a Corvette under the covers, it should be recognizable as a Corvette. And no, I'm not a fan of the '53 body kit they sold for the C5. The styling cues were there but the proportions were wrong.
championgt1
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 14 2010, 04:29 PM) *

Not my cup o' tea...

The Cap'n

agree.gif icon8.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 14 2010, 06:29 PM) *

Not my cup o' tea...

The Cap'n

Basically...yes...I would rather drive my Honda with faded paint than that 'thing' icon8.gif
nykthebartender
I still need to post saying hello with photos of my 914, but when I saw the posts on the Impala I couldn't help responding lol.

They raced those 59 and 60's in nascar at Daytona with no spoilers so I don't think lift was a problem. I think in 1960 one of them won with a 59. People drag race them today still.

Motor Trend tested that myth.
59 Impala Aero test

And as for that 789 car, interesting, but not my taste. Having any of those three years as a classic would be nice.
veltror
Looks like I am in the minority here. Some of the American cars of the fifties were stunning, everything since then utter bollocks. Obviously this is my opinion and you will disagree. WTF.gif

When I was living in the US I really wanted a 58 Plymouth Fury, but realized that I was not able to do this due to lack of space and besides I really needed somewhere to keep this thing and besides old cars suck up money.

I love this thing however it is a little too expensive for me. if I win the lottery i will be giving these guys a call.

The 914 is ugly which is why I like it, besides everybody now has a 911.

Hmm where is my Christine DVD....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.