Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $20,000 set of Solex Carbs on Ebay.......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dominic
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Solex-44-PI...=item27ae7ef1bf

I have yet to purchase a vehicle for this much $$, let alone a set of carbs?? WTF.gif

But I guess when they are the right carbs for that $100,000+ Carerra 4 engine...you just may need them. I'd have a hard time explaining to the wife what I just bought....and her response would be...."HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR THAT?"
plymouth37
That is one hell of a find but I don't know if even one of the 356 weenies will pop for them at that price!
smontanaro
Good luck finding a rebuild kit... wink.gif
KELTY360
Nice of the seller to offer Free Shipping. shades.gif
bcaschera
I there a chance that these are that rare , and they are acctualy worth that much confused24.gif I really wouldn't think so but , I just dont know? mostly original 356A model Porsche's do sell for close to a 1/4 Mil. wacko.gif
smontanaro
Carrera motors go for $100k or more, the cars well north of that.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(bcaschera @ Feb 14 2010, 06:11 PM) *

I there a chance that these are that rare , and they are acctualy worth that much confused24.gif I really wouldn't think so but , I just dont know? mostly original 356A model Porsche's do sell for close to a 1/4 Mil. wacko.gif

If you think "mostly original 356A model Porsches do sell for close to a 1/4 Mi", have I got a deal for you! REALLY nice ones go for anywhere from $30 to 70K.

The Cap'n
smg914
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Feb 14 2010, 06:34 PM) *

Yes and have you seen what a set of Rudge knock off wheels go for now-a days?
pbanders
Maybe it's just me, but if I forked over $20K for carbs, I'd at least expect the seller to have cleaned them for me. Heck, parts I've sold for $20 I've sent out clean.
SirAndy
QUOTE(pbanders @ Feb 16 2010, 01:06 PM) *

Maybe it's just me, but if I forked over $20K for carbs, I'd at least expect the seller to have cleaned them for me. Heck, parts I've sold for $20 I've sent out clean.

agree.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Feb 14 2010, 06:34 PM) *

you said it!!......these cars are worth a Mint!!!! agree.gif
if you can afford 1 you can afford the carbs as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.