Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Daytona 500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
6freak
Congratulations to Jamie McMurrey smilie_pokal.gif ...winner of the 2010 Daytona 500....Not a very exciting race tell the last 30 laps ...almost 200K in attendance flag.gif
ws91420
And what a way to show Roush he dumped the wrong driver. Congrats to Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing and Ganassi's first win at Daytona.
Lou W
Ya, glad to see Jamie win, thanks for the push jr. biggrin.gif
6freak
seemed wierd the have Petty motorsports in a Ford ...and a ford pace car hasnt lead the field in 40+ years ....I guess Richard Petty drove a ford Tarino last time a ford paced the field
Elliot Cannon
Ford? Chevy? Toyota? How about formula NASCAR!
ME733
.......just mentioned was a comment ...".formula NASCAR." I wish that Nascar would get "back to -as manufactured" car configurations. NO splitters, wings or other crap...stock configuration cars ordinary people can identify with. I think it would help our american manufactures sell cars again.MM.
ArtechnikA
I checked in a couple of times thinking I might see racing.
But all I saw was road construction.
I can get that at home...
6freak
QUOTE(ME733 @ Feb 15 2010, 08:38 AM) *

.......just mentioned was a comment ...".formula NASCAR." I wish that Nascar would get "back to -as manufactured" car configurations. NO splitters, wings or other crap...stock configuration cars ordinary people can identify with. I think it would help our american manufactures sell cars again.MM.

I agree...but then the cars wouldnt be as fast ...they are getting rid of the ugly rear wing and going back to the old style...I think they said by Martinsville.....just like any motorsport they want the down force ...look at the F1 cars back in the day ...just a aluminum tube with wheels .....everyone wants to go faster ....JMO
KevinP
OT- but can you really find a Ford, Chevy, or Toyota part on any of those cars???

Always food for thought.......

KP
zymurgist
QUOTE(ME733 @ Feb 15 2010, 11:38 AM) *

agree.gif

Oh yeah, one other thing. If the production car is front wheel drive, the race car has to be front wheel drive.
6freak
QUOTE(KevinP @ Feb 15 2010, 11:46 AM) *

OT- but can you really find a Ford, Chevy, or Toyota part on any of those cars???

Always food for thought.......

KP

Maybe the badge! but thats prolly plastic as well...lol........Find a stock part on an F1...or a BTCC car ......But you will find stock parts on a WRC rally car ..those guys are the worlds best driver IMO ..it all good its RACE`N
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.