Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S LE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
72914S
Saw this on Samba,Could this be an LE?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=922265
914Sixer
No, not according to the VIN 4742906843. LE's start in the 1400-1600 range. Probably a Bumblebee clone. Wheels might be worth something.
silver74insocal
someone should save her!!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=922265
jmill
It's a bumblebee and worth saving. The right rear suspension point looks toast.
Gint
Merged the two threads about the possible LE.
Daiberl
It's not an LE from what I see, wrong interior color, chrome at the targa bar and also at the bottom of the targa bar, looks like it had vinyl before. Bumper also look like they weren't yellow before. There is a LE listed on Ebay at the moment.
JeffBowlsby
This cars' VIN is too early to make it an authentic LE.

Flattery is the highest compliment....Somebody was trying hard...

biggrin.gif
Rmvr53
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 15 2010, 10:51 PM) *

This cars' VIN is too early to make it an authentic LE.

Flattery is the highest compliment....Somebody was trying hard...

biggrin.gif

well, its made it to mid March and looks like its still sittin on that trailer. Lord...I saw the car and the price and just about lost it. I too noticed the vinyl on the sail panel and interior color. Figured at that point it was a clone wanna be. You go to the trouble to get the wheels and paint right, get the details right!

Bill F
74 Creamsicle
(real)
JeffBowlsby
Seeing this car again, I wonder if the VIN was posted wrong? If the last five were 16843 then it could be one of those really rare cars that have the correct paint code, but no factory record of the correct equipment thjat would authenticate it as a real LE. VIN 21331 is like that, and it has the vinyl also. I will email the seller.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.