Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Hood
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
It seems to take a bit of effort to pull the front hood release from the cabin. Is this normally stiff? Also, will the T handle pull out of the holder with or without the cable? I've removed the set screw and pin but it seems to be attached to the bracket that it fits into.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 14 2010, 10:39 PM) *

It seems to take a bit of effort to pull the front hood release from the cabin. Is this normally stiff? Also, will the T handle pull out of the holder with or without the cable? I've removed the set screw and pin but it seems to be attached to the bracket that it fits into.

I had the same problem. All mine needed was to be cleaned and lubricated. I went so far as to remove the front latch to get it really clean. I also made sure the cable was not binding. Your cable could be kinked somewhere.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 14 2010, 08:39 PM) *

I believe, but forget a little as I rekeyed mine 6 months ago.. if you have the t handle just dangling there, open it and underneath or somewhere is one more screw. Cable stays in the car though you may want to unhook it at the front trunk latch so you can open the t-handle enough to work on..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.