Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HEEEEY NOW What Happened to 'Been Screwed'?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
roundboy914
Damn, what the hell happened? I was on page 16 of this fine thread, when an error message pops up, says thread is not found, kicks me back out to main page, and i can no longer fine the thread. Am i destined to never know how the story ends?? mad.gif
Aaron Cox
"got deleted" by......
Mark Henry
Yep and Miles' new thread got locked real fast. I thinks the admins are saying enough is enough.

Move along folks... nothing to see here...
Gint
I'm clueless... wouldn't be the first time.

As thread owner, Miles could have deleted it himself.
Hawktel
I think Miles killed it.
Prolly for the best.
Gint
Good thing I printed off a hard copy yesterday. I hadn't finished reading it yet.
914werke
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 25 2004, 03:56 PM)
Yep and Miles' new thread got locked real fast. I thinks the admins are saying enough is enough.

Move along folks... nothing to see here...

Screw that ar15.gif This was better than daytime soaps laugh.gif

I was replying to Miles latest when apparently the Admin(s) locked it
Hosed my browser session royally wacko.gif

the response was something like " Since your back in the saddle Miles what ever happened to the motor & Jakes offer to eval?
Inquiring minds wanna know?"
anthony
That sucks. It should have been a classic thread.

As thread owner, Miles could have deleted it himself.

I think this policy should be rethought. In my opinion after other people post to a thread it is no longer owned by a single person but by the group. A person should only be able to delete their individual posts.
Gint
QUOTE(anthony Posted on Mar 25 2004 @ 05:56 PM )
I think this policy should be rethought.

OK. I thought about it.

QUOTE(rdauenhauer Posted on Mar 25 2004 @ 05:53 PM )
Hosed my browser session royally  

More likely that was when I was rebooting the server. To resolve an entirely seperate issue I might add.
Bleyseng
How come the new Miles thread is locked??? Can't we post replies to his new post?

What the fuck is up?

Geoff <_<
914werke
Oppression, its a bad scene man!
Gint
QUOTE(Bleyseng Posted on Mar 25 2004 @ 06:04 PM )
How come the new Miles thread is locked??? Can't we post replies to his new post?

What the fuck is up?

Like I said, I'm clueless. I don't even know that a member can't lock his own thread. Somebody check that little drop down box at the bottom of the page. Mine has far more options.
seanery
I locked it. The words are said and done. They can be found, but we won't have to see it every ten minutes. Move on folks.
william harris
laugh.gif laugh.gif To quote Monty Python: Now we see the oppression manifest in the system!!! Or words to that effect. This just ain't right. We been robbed. happy11.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 25 2004, 05:08 PM)
Like I said, I'm clueless.  I don't even know that a member can't lock his own thread.  Somebody check that little drop down box at the bottom of the page.  Mine has far more options.

The only time I get that little drop down box is if I started the thread.
The only moderator option I have on my own threads it 'delete'.
tat2dphreak
normally, I'm very against "censorship" (if that's what this even is?)

but I think Seanery made the right call on this one, the thigs said by otto today took things WAY too far and miles' new thread was only starting more trouble.... it's time to move on... it's a FUBAR situation, and unfortuantely can't be resolved in an adult manner any more, obviously.

now... let's get back to cars!! beer.gif
rick 918-S
It's one thing to make fun of Mike Z' hairy butt avatar but there were real issues in redshifts thread including the loss of employment. Time to move on to other things.
Gint
QUOTE(anthony Posted on Mar 25 2004 @ 05:56 PM )
I think this policy should be rethought. In my opinion after other people post to a thread it is no longer owned by a single person but by the group. A person should only be able to delete their individual posts.

QUOTE(anthony Posted on Mar 25 2004 @ 06:32 PM )
I think Seanery should have deleted it.

So what's it gonna be? It's OK for Sean to delete the thread, but ot for the guy that started the thread?
seanery
maybe I'll delete THIS thread! :finger2:
Gint
Trouble maker, yeah, I agree.

I'm not changing a member's ability to delete his/her own thread.
Gint
What happened to your reply Anthony?
Bleyseng
What did Otto say then? (since I had to go to work where I don't have internet?)

I thought this was a "open" BBS and since I might want to have dealings with Otto's I would like to be able to read what all has been said. I know what Miles is/has said and I don't agree with his reaction and actions.

Geoff
(oh fuck, whatever!)

finger.gif
seanery
he sent me an email wanting me to call miles or his mechanic and then said that miles was a dope smoking loser that got his dog pregnant. I called him a crusty ass-fuck then it was over.

Really, let it die...please...the happy vibe has dimished here lately.
I dunno why, but it is concerning me.
anthony
I sent you a PM.

I'm not changing a member's ability to delete his/her own thread.

Well, I don't expect a single admin to make such a big policy change but I think it's something for admins to talk about.
seanery
oh, miles deleted his thread, which any of you can do. if you start it, you own it.
Bruce Allert
smile.gif this is funny... now we'll prolly have another thread that goes on & on so, with that said, I'll post the last pic I did on Been Screwed & we can all oggle the boobies & be happy laugh.gif
Bleyseng
Thank you for the information, it IS appreciated. Now I can formulate my own opinion of John W.

He sounds like Kevin P and him are cut from the same mold.

Geoff rolleyes.gif
Gint
Anthony,

I'll reply to your PM after I have dinner and answer this work page. I fundamentally agree with you FWIW.

Really, let it die...please...the happy vibe has dimished here lately.

OK. I'm done. The negative bullshit IS getting really old.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.