Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oh great..it's raining and my 914 is outside...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
at least I painted the rollcage.............I also have a 800lb surface grinder sitting in the back of my truck getting rained on sad.gif

no room in the garage for either one............
Mark Henry
What happened to sunny California?

I want that hat! It's got my name on it !!!! lol2.gif
Joe Bob
Ummmm, buy a tarp?
blink.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 25 2004, 07:27 PM)
Ummmm, buy a tarp?
blink.gif

or a car cover...
Andyrew
I looked at the clouds this morning and said.. Yup.. its gona rain. Put the cover on the car (it got kicked out of its garage..)..

Happy I did so! no rain tray in..

Andrew
Bleyseng
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
jonwatts
You should definitely get your car off the trailer and into the garage, because I might need to borrow your trailer soon wink.gif
Mueller
because I might need to borrow your trailer soon

sure, you can pick it up at my house when you come on over to help me build my workshop smash.gif

of course with this damn rain, not much is getting built...luckly all the concrete is poured and dried...............
jonwatts
Sure I'll help, I'm great at projects. When do you want it done by? 2010?
red914
well, in my admittedly meager experience, it seems to make little difference if the top is on or off when it rains hard. i end up having to put paper towels all over the inside to catch the water. like one of the members says under his avatar: "sometimes i wish i had a waterproof car." but, things could be way worse. i could be driving a dodge spirit... barf.gif

although the cute young girls at the bank stood and praised and admired it for a few minutes today. i have to tell the wife what a chick magnet it is! mueba.gif burnout.gif
DNHunt
Hell wait long enough and it'll provide it's own drains

Dave
jonwatts
Here's a sneak peak at my newly designed replacement 914 floor pans wink.gif

IPB Image
red914
hmmm. not much of a welder, so i will wait for the "self installed" floor drains. nice to know i don't have to fret about it for too long.
campbellcj
Shhhh....I think I can hear it rusting from here! welder.gif
airsix
QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 25 2004, 04:48 PM)
......I also have a 800lb surface grinder sitting in the back of my truck...

headbang.gif Mike, why do you get all the cool toys!!!!! My last project nearly drove me mad not having access to a surface grinder! Here's a picture. It was a gift for my dad. "Flipper" locking-liner folder. 3.25" O1 tool steel blade (differentially heat treated). Walnut scales. 6AL4V titanium frame. Tolerances are +/-0.0005". A surface grinder would have been really helpful (!) This was my first knife.

-Ben M.
ChrisReale
thats fantastic, Ben smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
wow....that knife is a work of art !!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

surface grinder was free, needs some work (needs a new motor and the magnetic chuck is shot, I have to buy a new one or see if I can get this one re-magnatized )
campbellcj
Ben - Dude, you MADE that? pray.gif Nice job!

Sheesh...I'm usually ecstatic when I just put something back together without the infamous "extra parts"... confused24.gif
GWN7
Nice knife Ben... clap56.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
tat2dphreak
VERY NICE DUDE!!! I collect Knives and it looks like you did a great job!! pray.gif clap56.gif smilie_pokal.gif beer.gif
rhodyguy
red914, telling the wife your car is a chick magnet might not be the way to go.

kevin
Joe Bob
QUOTE(airsix @ Mar 25 2004, 11:14 PM)
QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 25 2004, 04:48 PM)
......I also have a 800lb surface grinder sitting in the back of my truck...

headbang.gif Mike, why do you get all the cool toys!!!!! My last project nearly drove me mad not having access to a surface grinder! Here's a picture. It was a gift for my dad. "Flipper" locking-liner folder. 3.25" O1 tool steel blade (differentially heat treated). Walnut scales. 6AL4V titanium frame. Tolerances are +/-0.0005". A surface grinder would have been really helpful (!) This was my first knife.

-Ben M.

Bet if you REALLY tried you could do a knife with a 914 silouette....might be speeled wrong....let's try "outline"....
airsix
QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 25 2004, 11:33 PM)
surface grinder was free

Ooooooh! Salt in the wound. That feels nice. laugh.gif

Thanks for all the compliments on the knife. I wanted to learn to make something with my hands that I could take some pride in, so this is what I've been working on. My grandfather always gave hand-made gifts and that inspired me to learn a craft. This one is for my dad. Next one will be for my father-in-law.

-Ben M.

ps - I'm also wondering what Mike has in mind with his radiator questions. I'm guessing either wrx motor or typ-iv with water-cooled DOHC heads.
red914
rhodyguy; it's ok. whenever i tell my wife about the young girls who like my car, etc., she just laughs. which is fine, though a bit emasculating, to be honest...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.