Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How old are you?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
oldschool
who is the youngest 914 owner show us your self and your car? must be running driving.gif
plymouth37
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 15 2010, 11:12 PM) *

must be running driving.gif

Well this rule eliminates about 3/4 of the club biggrin.gif
I am 26 and my car will be running in 10 - 20 years.
underthetire
Cruzin for some young meat old school? bootyshake.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 15 2010, 10:20 PM) *

Cruzin for some young meat old school? bootyshake.gif

lol-2.gif No I just was wondering how many young people have seen what we see in our cars aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
In my mind I think I'm in my 20's. dance.gif But I'm freaking old! dry.gif
Brent
Andyrew is in his early 20's. Aaron too, but busy in College I think.
dlo914
QUOTE(Brent @ Feb 15 2010, 10:41 PM) *

Andyrew is in his early 20's. Aaron too, but busy in College I think.

I hear the dude just got engaged recently and done w/ school!
hot_shoe914
I'm a couple months away from celebrating the 2nd anniverssary of my 25th birthday. One for each of my running teener.
siverson
I'm 34, but have had mine since I was 15...

-Steve
914junkie
I'm 38. Bought my current 914 when I was 22. Drove my buddies 914 in 1989, my senior year in HS when I was 17...knew I had to have one after that. biggrin.gif
Kinda funny looking back that his car was a "Bumblebee". We had no I dea what it was at the time. Wonder what happened to that car???
Two other guys in our senior class had 914's too. I think they wrecked both of them as I recall. screwy.gif
Theres a kid named Theo on here that lived up the street from a couple of years ago. He bought his 914 as soon as he turned 16. He must be 18 or 19 now. I think he has it for sale on here actually. Not sure why? confused24.gif
tbox56
Got my teener when i was 15 as my first car, blew up the stock 1.7 replaced it with a subie about a year and a half ago, and am painting the trunk right now. its been running on and off for the last 5 years, depends on the day... lol im 20 now, and it runs but i can't drive it...
Andyrew
Boy back in the day It was me. The self proclamed youngest teener owner. Im sure there are plenty non regulars now that are younger than me. Im 23 now, I got my 914 when I was 14 IIRC.

Orange914 (Kenny) is a friend of mine and I believe he's 19. But he's not active, His father (Mike) is much more active on his account.

Dr Evil
Grasshopper was the youngest, IIRC. Luckily, they all get older wink.gif
VaccaRabite
Jon Fernadez might be the current youngest, and he has a running car. Course, he has to be 17 or 18 by now, so maybe there is someone younger. Its sure as hell not me.

Zach
'73-914kid
I turned 16 in September! Daily Driver 2.0l with Webers. Bought the car at 15 with a rod knock and 2 spun bearings, and it took me a year to rebuild suspension and the motor. I think I'm the youngest..

Really crappy photo. I was working out all day so my face was really dirty..haha:
Click to view attachment
sean_v8_914
I am a witness. I saw it run under it's own power. nice work too
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I am 17 ,nooo waite a min. that is only when I am in my recliner asleep and

dreaming! Really 71, bought mine in 2000 at 61. Dave slap.gif
tradisrad
I'm 38 and have had a 914 for the last 21 years! My cars have almost alwyas run. Of all of the cars I've had I've got my best 914 right now.
jonferns
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 16 2010, 08:21 AM) *

Jon Fernadez might be the current youngest, and he has a running car. Course, he has to be 17 or 18 by now, so maybe there is someone younger. Its sure as hell not me.

Zach

I'm 19, have 1 running car and 2 others not running, but will be soon enough. I've been at it since I was 14 or so.
ConeDodger
I think Eric Shea is about 12. He has a running 911 but his 914 is still in process... If you are cruising for young 914 "meat" I don't think you will have any luck with Eric. He only dates Brazilian Supermodels... lol-2.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Feb 16 2010, 07:27 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

dreaming!

Only the girls are 17 when I am dreaming! aktion035.gif idea.gif lol-2.gif

I turn 36 today.... dry.gif
jonferns
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 16 2010, 10:14 AM) *

QUOTE(BarberDave @ Feb 16 2010, 07:27 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

dreaming!

Only the girls are 17 when I am dreaming! aktion035.gif idea.gif lol-2.gif

I turn 36 today.... dry.gif

birthday3.gif
patssle
24 here. Bought mine 6 months ago. Came running - in fantastic shape. Haven't had to do much to it yet, just minor things here and there (biggest thing to date is replacing the one parking brake cable it came with and added a 2nd). Which is great, because I don't know a whole lot about cars and am slowly learning.
RiqueMar
21. Mine runs, just not on the road quite yet....
PeeGreen 914
31...and my car is running. Well, not right now. I'm at work. biggrin.gif

So I'm not the oldest or youngest. w00t.gif
jd74914
I'm 21 and have been driving for 3 years and an owner for 7.
yeahmag
Wait... Are we talking mentally or physically???
orange914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 15 2010, 11:35 PM) *

Boy back in the day It was me. The self proclamed youngest teener owner. Im sure there are plenty non regulars now that are younger than me. Im 23 now, I got my 914 when I was 14 IIRC.

Orange914 (Kenny) is a friend of mine and I believe he's 19. But he's not active, His father (Mike) is much more active on his account.

hee heee, i'm 101 according to my profile bootyshake.gif
kenny still loves the 914, just consumed with 19 year old life. he acually bought his first (P.O.S.) 71 914 @ age 13 from paper route $. it ran (barely), would that qualify him as youngest?

by the way andrew, congrates on the new house beerchug.gif
Porcharu
8 years older than my car biggrin.gif Of course the car is on jackstands.
turboman808
I'm very old. Don't know if my car starts, haven't laid eyes on i tin 2 months.
flipb
I'm four years younger than my '74 2.0.

Finally decided at age 31 that I wasn't willing to wait any longer to get my mid-life-crisis-mobile. I've always thought 914's were cool. Once I realized they were affordable (to obtain, anyway) and roomy inside, I decided to go for it... this, despite having two kids under 3 at the time.

I can't think of another way I could've spent $5K that would've made me happier. (OK, the 5K is growing with parts and maintenance... but still a bargain.)
Eric_Shea
Sime! slap.gif
70_914
34. Hopefully this isn't my midlife crisis car...
turnaround89
im 20, bought mine when i was 19....most amount of money i have ever spent on one thing and haven't even touched the motor yet
dw914er
I'm 20. Been driving my 914 before I was 16. Mom was original owner so grew up with it (and claimed it early on according to my parents). Got it running during freshman year in high school. Painted it my senior year. Here's how it is today.

IPB Image

IPB Image
J P Stein
At this point in my life a quote from George Burns is fitting....
" Had I known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself when I was young."
adambo
My '71 is 21 years older than me
oldschool
QUOTE(dw914er @ Feb 16 2010, 02:23 PM) *

I'm 20. Been driving my 914 before I was 16. Mom was original owner so grew up with it (and claimed it early on according to my parents). Got it running during freshman year in high school. Painted it my senior year. Here's how it is today.

IPB Image

IPB Image

dw914er nice photo of the trees where is that idea.gif
carreraguy
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 16 2010, 05:44 PM) *

QUOTE(dw914er @ Feb 16 2010, 02:23 PM) *

IPB Image

IPB Image

dw914er nice photo of the trees where is that idea.gif

Judging by the orange trees and dw914er being a student at Cal Poly, I'm guessing somewhere in California? biggrin.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 15 2010, 10:12 PM) *

who is the youngest 914 owner show us your self and your car? must be running driving.gif

Teens in their teeners... poke.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 16 2010, 11:56 AM) *

Sime! slap.gif

OOOooops! blink.gif
dw914er
(Oldschool & Tom) the photos are from Redlands, CA biggrin.gif

I wish cal poly San Luis Obispo had orange trees like these.
jt914-6
I'm 56.....owned four teeners thru the years, including an orignal six, for 35 years.... beerchug.gif

<<<<<Senior Member......I resemble that remark....
Andyrew
QUOTE(orange914 @ Feb 16 2010, 10:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 15 2010, 11:35 PM) *

hee heee, i'm 101 according to my profile bootyshake.gif
kenny still loves the 914, just consumed with 19 year old life. he acually bought his first (P.O.S.) 71 914 @ age 13 from paper route $. it ran (barely), would that qualify him as youngest?

by the way andrew, congrates on the new house beerchug.gif

bye1.gif Mike!

Thanks! The house is really exciting. You should come by and take a look when your in the area!

codices
I'm 74 today. I'm on my third 914 over the years. My first Porsche was a 356 Speedster that I sold for $400 in the middle 60's and yes I still kick myself over that dumb move.

Dave
oldschool
QUOTE(codices @ Feb 16 2010, 10:19 PM) *

I'm 74 today. I'm on my third 914 over the years. My first Porsche was a 356 Speedster that I sold for $400 in the middle 60's and yes I still kick myself over that dumb move.

Dave
birthday3.gif birthday3.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif birthday3.gif
jcambo7
I bought my first teener at the age of 21 but fell in love with them because of my dumb brother in law Jon (Pheonix914-6gt) drunk.gif After that first ride I got in his car it was the sports car I wanted. I am currently purchasing a running and drivable 914.
Betty
I'm old enough to drive, old enough to drink, old enough to know better.... yet still young enough to go ahead and do it anyway. happy11.gif
malaga_red75
My brother had one when he turned 16, that would make me 12. I pretty much learned how to drive stick on his car.

I got mine at 14, rebuilt the necessary parts and was able to drive it on my 16th birthday freshly painted. Sold that one my senior year (actually, my dad sold it mad.gif ) still bitter about that.

I bought my most recent one beginning of my freshman year at college and began working on my subaru conversion. I have been working off on (as time from college permits) and now, as of a few days ago, it has a running engine. And Im now 20.

From the first time I really got to DRIVE a 914, i appreciated all aspects of it and will probably own a 914 the rest of my life.

-Peter
jeffdon
47....but had my teener since 1985. Drove it daily for almost 11 years, parked it for another 12. Getting at all back together and repainted.

Don't ask me about my other 914 i got 12 years ago, bought for 400, sight unseen, thinking, hell, i can get 400 in parts out of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.