Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeSpraggi
I have a 225mm Fidanza aluminum flywheel that I had wanted to use for my 2.2L /6 conversion. Can it be machined to 215mm without any ill affects? It does not have the ring on it. I have a standard sideshift 914/4 tranny recently rebuilt by Dr. Evil.
underthetire
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Feb 16 2010, 03:06 AM) *

I have a 225mm Fidanza aluminum flywheel that I had wanted to use for my 2.2L /6 conversion. Can it be machined to 215mm without any ill affects? It does not have the ring on it. I have a standard sideshift 914/4 tranny recently rebuilt by Dr. Evil.

UM, the 225 can't be made smaller. Thats the clutch diameter not the OD of the flywheel. I would think you could just run a 225 disk, since it's basically a 9".
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 16 2010, 09:02 AM) *

QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Feb 16 2010, 03:06 AM) *

UM, the 225 can't be made smaller. Thats the clutch diameter not the OD of the flywheel. I would think you could just run a 225 disk, since it's basically a 9".

I thought I wasn't able to run a 225 setup in the 914 tranny?
underthetire
Don't know for sure. 225 is the BUS t4 set up. Someone-maybe capn would know for sure. Think you need the bus throw out bearing, pilot bearing, disk, pp. maybe more. He seemed to know for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.