Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: No PC - but car stuff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Some people are simply artists – I know we have a few on this list for sure.

The d-type in these pics was built specifically for someone who was very thin, had longer legs, and a short torso (exactly my opposite). While I was able to drive the car it was not fun – actually it could be almost scary – as the steering wheel was very low in terms of its distance from the floor and it was very close to the dash. No worries, we had the room to move it up, and we figured we could simply extend the shaft to bring it closer to the driver. The shop recommended a quick release, as even with the steering wheel removed the car was not exactly easy to get in and out of. After looking through many options, everything that was available just did not look right or work right in the car. The shop owner (Denver Jag) is a long time vintage racer. He called one of his buddies and they built this aluminum quick release column over the past 4 months. it is simply amazing (other than being way to shiny).

You folks that can fab this kind of stuff simply blow me away. pray.gif

(That’s my nephew in the goggles – love that!)
turboman808
Better then a 914 any day. I'm playing adult for now so not gonna buy anything like this right now. But the D-type is on my list.

IPB Image

IPB Image
underthetire
Very cool
Here is a steering wheel adapter I made. I wanted something a little longer than the momo one. Cool girlfriend bought me a new wheel for my Bday, a little blingy but feels nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.