Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 at Fresno CA Pick 'n Pull?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
anderssj
According to their new on-line parts locator, there's a 1973 914 on row 203 of the Fresno CA "pick 'n pull." Site says they put it out there on 15 JAN 2010.

Thought it might be worth a look--or at least pulling the numbers, etc. for the database. I'd do it but it's about 2400 miles away from me . . . blink.gif

The yard is at:

3230 E Jensen Avenue
Fresno, CA 93706 US

Here's the link to their lay-out map (.pdf):

http://www.picknpull.com/store_map_file.aspx?LocationID=43

I'd be curious to see what kind of shape it's in.

Andyrew
Ehhhh, To far of a drive for me... Its on their lot..(not their "for sale" section) they wont sell it for less than 500 or so and they beat them up on the way out..

zx-niner
I've pulled a lot of good parts out of the various Central Valley Pick & Pulls-- stainless steel exchangers, Fuchs, all-too-fragile early door wind mechanisms. Been to that Fresno yard several times over the years, but not recently. Might have to take a trip this weekend.
SirAndy
If anybody goes, take some pics and get the VIN, build date, color tag and chassis number ... biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif Andy
anderssj
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 17 2010, 01:46 PM) *

If anybody goes, take some pics and get the VIN, build date, color tag and chassis number ... biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif Andy

agree.gif what he said

Would be interested to see what you find

Steve A-
bdstone914
All the vin tags are removed from the vehicle. paint tag code 96M which makes it Marathon Blue Metallic. It was a V8 car that has already been stripped to hell. Yes I did the 5 hour drive just to see what this car was smile.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 19 2010, 09:04 AM) *

All the vin tags are removed from the vehicle. paint tag code 96M which makes it Marathon Blue Metallic. It was a V8 car that has already been stripped to hell. Yes I did the 5 hour drive just to see what this car was smile.gif

beer.gif You've got the illness!! beer.gif

I admire your spirit.
Lou W
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 19 2010, 11:04 AM) *

beerchug.gif driving.gif
patssle
There's one in Dallas too according to their website.
Elliot Cannon
I drove out to Fresno yesterday to check out the car. About the only thing left that is salvagable are the trunk lids, both fenders on the left side and a rear bumper that is dented a little. The front suspension is still there as are both trailing arms, cv joints and axles. If someone still needs this stuff it might still be there for a while. I got the VIN from the top of the right fender and will send it on to Andy for the data base. The transmission was gone and it had what looked like a GM made V6. The targa bar had been cut off about two inches above the base. The roof was damaged and torn but I got the hardware off of it. I didn't think there was anything else till I lifted the roof up and found these. They don't look too bad after a bit of polishing. I also salvaged the tail light housings.
bdstone914
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.