Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here is a 914 auction to watch.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Wow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

creamsicle914.jpg
JRust
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 16 2010, 06:38 PM) *

Ooh! I'm watching that. Hell mine is in much better shape than that. If it wasn't for that damn branded title headbang.gif . Oh well seeing that price I feel some inspiration to finish mine! Heavens knows I need the inspiration dry.gif
Daiberl
Wow, that is crazy. This car needs a restoration, the LE air dam seems to be not original (looks like fiberglass), the interior needs to be done, front windshield trim is missing, carbs instead of fuel injection, missing front trunk seal, small rust bubbles on the targa bar, ... Maybe I should consider selling my Bumblebee if I'm done with the restoration smile.gif
patssle
Is there something special about it that I am missing?

Can I sell my 914 for $15k? huh.gif
hot_shoe914
Somebody must be desperate to own an LE.
Mike Bellis
It looks like it needs to be restored after it's purchased. Not great shape. Too much money.

What really bugs me... People that sell cars without vacuuming the carpet. look at ads from most ebay cars. Crap all over the carpet...
PanelBilly
it take two people to bid the price up. One of them will walk away still wanting one
Ferg
I call shenanigans on the bidding. 3 bids: opening price 3500, bid #1 is for 15k? then bid #2 is by a 0 feedback for 15,100, and bid #3 is same bidder as bid one.

Something's not adding up.

My 2cents.

Ferg
flipb
Does that have dual Weber Progressive carbs? Never seen that setup... Maybe I should just buy one more 2bbl for my 914... idea.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Ferg @ Feb 16 2010, 07:26 PM) *

I call shenanigans on the bidding. 3 bids: opening price 3500, bid #1 is for 15k? then bid #2 is by a 0 feedback for 15,100, and bid #3 is same bidder as bid one.

My 2cents.

Ferg

Ebay calls that "Schill" bidding. I got busted for it once and had my account froze for a week. I have 2 Ebay user names. chair.gif
championgt1

My 2cents.

Ferg

agree.gif Bogus. Ebay used to be cool until bullshit like this started happening.
Sleepin
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Feb 16 2010, 08:21 PM) *

What really bugs me... People that sell cars without vacuuming the carpet. look at ads from most ebay cars. Crap all over the carpet...

I hate that. Either you want to sell it or you don't. If you want to sell it, pick up the beer cans and cigarrette butts and vaccum the damn carpet! headbang.gif
number6

My 2cents.

Ferg

The #2 bid seems suspicious, considering it's from a new/zero-feedback account. However, the original bid appears legit, as the account is established, with plenty of feedback. Of course, that could still be a shill account, but I don't think so. You're not going to run the auction up by bidding over $15K on a car that may likely not be worth that much (my opinion on valuation only), because you'll end up owning the car again. What is shown as bid #3 is actually the eBay system automatically incrementing the original bidder's bid; s/he entered quite high a $ figure from the get go, and the system will keep incrementing until a higher bid comes along. Not a smart way to bid, IMHO, but it's not my money.

If the action's for real, that's really good news for all of us, no? I wish!
Rod
Either fake bidding, or Porsche/VW wanting to buy back a rare 914. Remember that yellow 914 which was bought and restored by Porsche recently??

In any case, good news for us. Over here in the UK, the 914 I bought 2 years ago has more than doubled in value!
ME733
QUOTE(Ferg @ Feb 16 2010, 10:26 PM) *

My 2cents.

Ferg

..........My 3 cents FERG,...It seems to be an all to common situation that unrealistic bids are placed on cars . Makes me think that "somethings not quite right"also.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Rod @ Feb 17 2010, 12:59 AM) *

Either fake bidding, or Porsche/VW wanting to buy back a rare 914. Remember that yellow 914 which was bought and restored by Porsche recently??

In any case, good news for us. Over here in the UK, the 914 I bought 2 years ago has more than doubled in value!

The silver one in the Porsche Museum? Yep, used to be yellow with a not so great silver respray.
gothspeed
It is nice to see 914s increase in value but it may not help me ...... hopefully I will will never be selling mine ..... driving.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(patssle @ Feb 16 2010, 07:01 PM) *

Just that its rare. One of only 90 known to exist, 1 of 500 made.

http://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/

burton73
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 17 2010, 07:48 AM) *

QUOTE(Rod @ Feb 17 2010, 12:59 AM) *

The silver one in the Porsche Museum? Yep, used to be yellow with a not so great silver respray.

I just got back from the museum yesterday and the only silver 914 4 was beautiful. I had no idea that it was a re-spray. Click to view attachment
Ferg
QUOTE(number6 @ Feb 16 2010, 11:30 PM) *

My 2cents.

Ferg

The #2 bid seems suspicious, considering it's from a new/zero-feedback account. However, the original bid appears legit, as the account is established, with plenty of feedback. Of course, that could still be a shill account, but I don't think so. You're not going to run the auction up by bidding over $15K on a car that may likely not be worth that much (my opinion on valuation only), because you'll end up owning the car again. What is shown as bid #3 is actually the eBay system automatically incrementing the original bidder's bid; s/he entered quite high a $ figure from the get go, and the system will keep incrementing until a higher bid comes along. Not a smart way to bid, IMHO, but it's not my money.

If the action's for real, that's really good news for all of us, no? I wish!

Both bids are suspicious to me. Opening price is 3500.

Bidder one types in more than than 15k as his bid? even at this point, the price would have remained 3500 with one bid since no other bidders. Who puts in that much as a start bid on anything?

Bid two comes along and outta nowhere he bids 15k zero feedback.

Bid three happens as a result due to the automatic bidding for bidder one again, and now the price is 15,100. Explaing why I stated he bid more than 15k as a open bid.

I have no dog in this fight and would love to see 914's command these prices, but to jump from 3500 to 15k is just to far fetched for me to believe.

Maybe I'm missing something on the bidding process? But above scenario is how I think it played out.

Actually going back and looking again, It appears the zero feedback bidder is the first bidder, according to the bid time, they are listed out of order.
JmuRiz
Each buyer puts in their maximum bid, and 2nd buyer put in his max as $15k, the first bidder had one higher than that, so it automatically goes to $100 higher than the 2nd bidder. They used to have the price tracking much better, not it looks funky even if it's legit.

FWIW, I think that is far from being a $15k car!!!
pbanders
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 16 2010, 07:45 PM) *

Wow, that is crazy. This car needs a restoration, the LE air dam seems to be not original (looks like fiberglass), the interior needs to be done, front windshield trim is missing, carbs instead of fuel injection, missing front trunk seal, small rust bubbles on the targa bar, ... Maybe I should consider selling my Bumblebee if I'm done with the restoration smile.gif

I hope I'm wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's some bid rigging going on here. There's no way that car's worth 15K. If it is, my car's worth 40K smile.gif.
pbanders
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 17 2010, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(patssle @ Feb 16 2010, 07:01 PM) *

Just that its rare. One of only 90 known to exist, 1 of 500 made.

http://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/

Maybe that's enough to make it worth it to someone. However, if I were buying it for the origniality and rarity, I'd sure like a lot more of the original stuff to still be with it. Looks like a lot of stuff is long gone (e.g. FI system, various bits, etc.).
pbanders
I'd rather have this one smile.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-Trac...=item27af5a7400
budman5201
I'd rather have this one...!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...#ht_1332wt_1167

Oh wait....thats mine.
c12croft
$15K for this LE?
Does it at least come with a sawsall sawzall-smiley.gif ?
Tonyiz
QUOTE(patssle @ Feb 16 2010, 09:01 PM) *

Can I sell my 914 for $15k? huh.gif

Of course! It's a special addition creamsicle! av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.