Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Line Clip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I need some help identifying the correct clip for the transition from hard to soft brake lines at the strut. I have what I believe are early "T" 911 struts. The hard point on the strut where the lines attach are different than my 914 struts. The clips I bought appear to be too large and I don't want to blow it again. Can someone confirm my suspicions and perhaps point out the correct part number I need. The clips I have are 914-355-653-00, Pelican says I should be using 911-355-653-05 but need to confirm they're not the same part before I buy.

Also, should I be replacing the hardlines while I'm here or do they look "servicable"?
Thanks! beerchug.gif
Kev

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
McMark
Wrong clip. sad.gif
kconway
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 16 2010, 07:22 PM) *

Wrong clip. sad.gif

Thanks Mark,
Any idea on the part number? Looking at the diagram on Pelican, the one shown looks alot like what I've got.

Kev
McMark
The PET for 70-73 911 give me this PN: 803 611 715 which works in the Pelican search.

But I like GPR.
McMark
And your brake hose may be wrong too.
kconway
It's the damn $2 part that always brings my progress to a screeching halt! dry.gif
Eric_Shea
Kevin, there are two ways around this.

1. Use the 911 U-shaped hat style clip or,
2. Install your current clip horizontially vs. vertical (as you're showing). You would have to grind about 1/4" off the ends of the tabs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.