Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What size fuchs are these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay I am looking at picking up this car. I'm trying to figure out what size fuchs these are. I know they aren't the best pictures. What do you think?
1. 15x7's on front
2. 15x8's on front
3. 16x7s on front
4. 16x8's on front
5. 15x8's on rear
6. 15x9's on rear
7. 16x8's on rear
8. 16x9's on rear

I'm still waiting to hear back from the guy. He can't remember & it will be a few days before he can get back to take look at them. I have 16x7's & it seems like the fronts are 8's. Which would make the rear's 9's. Still I thought I would defer to the experts popcorn[1].gif
Eric_Shea
Hard to say... biggrin.gif

Those really aren't the best pictures. lol3.gif
RJMII
1 and 5!

Okay, where's the pics?
RJMII
Jamie;

is it this car? If so, definitely 15's.
JRust
Insert I'm with Dipshit icon here dry.gif

Here is another of the front
carr914
My guess - 15x8 in front & 16x8 in the rear
PeeGreen 914
agree.gif
RJMII
I'm going to retract my guess... I was looking at another picture in the group of pics Jamie sent to me. It was of the tire size of a rear tire, on the other car with this one. oops.
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 17 2010, 12:11 PM) *

My guess - 15x8 in front & 16x8 in the rear

Here is my old car with that combo to backup my guess

T.C.

Click to view attachment
Ferg
Is it just me or does the part where the paddle meets the center hub look to skinny and angular? I'd check for part numbers on these bad boys before I spent $ on the tub.

Also, inside of hub bore looks like it has a step to it??

Ferg
championgt1
agree.gif Very angular. Almost comes to a point. confused24.gif
JRust
Blast it all. I was hoping for the 16x9 rears? I agree on the front's looking like possible replica's. The car itself is a v8 conversion & despite the riveted flares. It is a very solid car stored inside with dare I say no rust dry.gif . The battery tray looks great as do both trunks. I'd really like to make a deal on the car. If it had the 16x9 rear fuchs I would do it somehow.

As it sits I am still interested. Just not going to go into debt to buy it. If I get something sold soon I will jump on it. All depends if it is still around when I do get some extra coin.
Ferg
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 17 2010, 12:52 PM) *

Blast it all. I was hoping for the 16x9 rears? I agree on the front's looking like possible replica's. The car itself is a v8 conversion & despite the riveted flares. It is a very solid car stored inside with dare I say no rust dry.gif . The battery tray looks great as do both trunks. I'd really like to make a deal on the car. If it had the 16x9 rear fuchs I would do it somehow.

As it sits I am still interested. Just not going to go into debt to buy it. If I get something sold soon I will jump on it. All depends if it is still around when I do get some extra coin.

Post a straight on shot of the rears.

JRust
QUOTE(Ferg @ Feb 17 2010, 12:00 PM) *

Post a straight on shot of the rears.

I don't have a better picture of the rear!
Eric_Shea
Here is my old car with that combo to backup my guess

No kidding... there's even an old guy next to it! biggrin.gif

Is it just me or does the part where the paddle meets the center hub look to skinny and angular

Fach's
Ferg
Based on what I see, I would suspect the rears are a possible fake as well.

Looking at the hub opening, the surface looks to flat, like it was machined. Fuchs are much "softer" comparing to T.C.'s pic it looks off, it appears it rises above the paddles to much as well.

I'm guessing, and it warrants further research...

Ferg beerchug.gif
914Sixer
9x15 or 9x16 were rare birds and very expensive even in the day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.