Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOS Aluminum rear roll bar trim wanted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
javadog
I'm trying to finish restoring a '71 914-6 and I need a one more thing. I'm looking for the aluminum trim piece that attaches the the rear edge of the roll bar. I have a decent used one but, as the rest of the trim is going to be new, I'd like to find a NOS one. They are NLA with Porsche and the usual vendors, so I thought I'd see if any of you guys had one squirreled away, or knew of a vendor that has one. The last part number is:

PCG55910310

Thanks,
Jeff
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(javadog @ Feb 17 2010, 11:45 AM) *

I'm trying to finish restoring a '71 914-6 and I need a one more thing. I'm looking for the aluminum trim piece that attaches the the rear edge of the roll bar. I have a decent used one but, as the rest of the trim is going to be new, I'd like to find a NOS one. They are NLA with Porsche and the usual vendors, so I thought I'd see if any of you guys had one squirreled away, or knew of a vendor that has one. The last part number is:

PCG55910310

Thanks,
Jeff

the lateral one is nla but al reid anodizes the used ones nicely.
sixaddict
Just to clarify ...if you can locate some that are not dinged (hard to find as well but easier than NOS) there is a process to go through if you wish to save money which may or may not be your objective. Believe procedure is outlined on bird site or here but after you do all the hard work they still need to be anodized (bright dip) to maintain the finish polishing....Did a set recetnly but at local anodizer so awaiting final results. Tedious so Reed may well be the anwer.
TOT
bdstone914

I had Al polish one for me. It was $30 without anodizing. I have several nice ones for $30. I have to go to his place soon to pick up some wheels. Let me know if you want to have it done.
Bruce
javadog
Bruce,

Thanks for the offer. If I can't find any NOS pieces I'll probably just have mine refinished.

Thanks again,
Jeff
914runnow
QUOTE(javadog @ Feb 17 2010, 11:45 AM) *

PCG55910310

Thanks,
Jeff

Back in 1999 I had one from Reno warehouse sent out
was NOS..Last one...
It got here and was NOT anodized..was alum.unpolished and clear coated..
sent it back..it was horrible......
plus bin rash for that item would be off the charts...
go for the resto as all have suggested...
but bruce might have a decent nice Cali one.....
just when prev owners pull their tops they get sloppy..
thatz the major prob...
good luck
914Sixer
Let me look in the parts stash. I may have one still in the bag.
Cairo94507
Javadog- I would love to see some pictures of your car. Thanks and good luck with the trim.
javadog
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 26 2010, 07:59 PM) *

Javadog- I would love to see some pictures of your car. Thanks and good luck with the trim.

Here's what it looked like before going into the paint shop. I don't have any pictures of what it looks like at the moment but the paint is done and reassembly will be done in March.

Thanks,
Jeff

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.