Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone with Paragon headers...got a question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
I have a set of the Paragon Products headers and had to take them apart for a rebuild. The gaskets that go in between the stub pipes and the header pipes are shot and I need some new ones...

Does anyone know what gasket that is? I talked with Jason there and he said it was a 911SC muffler gasket, but I can't find anything at Pelican that looks correct, except for maybe this but I want to make sure before I order.

Any insight would be helpful...thanks!
Justinp71
The one that goes between the two red circles below?

Justinp71
If he said SC muffler gasket he probably means the gasket seen here.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/...0CA%20Model%252
biosurfer1
Ya that looks like its it...

ordering now
VaccaRabite
Yeah, thats what you want. I went through this with Paragon last summer, and they had to research the issue as they did not know what gaskets were used.

Zach
biosurfer1
Exactly what they told me too Zack...frustrating since the whole reason to have the stubs is easy on/off access to the headers
biosurfer1
Well those weren't the ones I needed...too big dry.gif
JamesM
I found some metal ones at my local aircooled VW shop that worked.

-James
moggy
The exhaust gaskets that fitted my header was from a 3.2L 911 engine. Fitted exactly. I found exhaust gaskets off any other 911 seemed to be too small.
Chris Pincetich
I apply a thin ring of red high temp rtv type sealant there and have had no leaks. I have done this 3 times over 2 years as I upgraded my transaxle. Why? Because nobody knows what damn gasket to put in there! I have also found, thanks to Jake R, that milk of magnesium is a great anti-seize for the hardware on the stubs, and I have numbered each of the stub bolts as I found that different spots need different length bolts to fit and numbering them makes re-assembly much smoother.
beerchug.gif
biosurfer1
Ya I was able to find out they are the exhaust gaskets from a 911SC.

Chris, I tried the red RTV and had a bunch of leaks...I got new gaskets and everything seems fine now (except for tuning the stupid carbs!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.