Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Admins are our friends!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Geez, we do appreciate all the hard work you do to keep this BBS going!

I do think you guys need to be given a hard time in lieu of all the pay you get.

I for one don't like threads and posts to disappear or be unpinned. Us smaller than Calif groups have a hard time getting our meetings noticed with all the other pinned or post in this BBS. We are just trying to get the newbies and lurkers to attend our events. (god forbid)
I do get PM's and email from this BBS from these people who are afraid to post and want to know how, when and where to meet the more vocal BBS'ers.

Maybe we should have a new rule that stuff can only be pinned for two weeks before the event.....so late comers have a chance to see it.

Your admin loving fellow 914 nut

finger.gif

Geoff
rhodyguy
oh you crazy nut!!! wub.gif must be the hard winter.

kevin
seanery
We DO have a calendar. Make sure you post your get togethers there. You WA guys think you have it bad, what about our small little Indiana group, you guys look like a behemoth compared to us.

We can set up a WA/OR area like the NE guys have if you like.
Bleyseng
Unfortunately, nobody looks at the calendar sad.gif

People read the posts and topics!

I suppose a separate area might work but I think for the most part no one would read it so it would be a dead area. Who knows until we try it.......

I know there are a lot smaller groups out there but I/we have been working hard to get and keep things going here.

I really have been giving you admins shit just for fun! no hard feeling here....

wub.gif
rhodyguy
what calendar? laugh.gif we don't see much in the way of admin locked, edited, deleted, relocated threads. i think it took some people by surprise. did me.

kevin
mightyohm
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 25 2004, 06:52 PM)

I suppose a separate area might work but I think for the most part no one would read it so it would be a dead area. Who knows until we try it.......

This has been the case on every BBS I have ever been on. More forums/areas is almost always bad. People like me want ONE place to click to and have all the info right there. Not enough energy to click through 5 forums every hour. :finger2:
Hawktel
Miles deleted his own thread, and locked his reply. (or had it locked.) sheesh everyone calm down.
SLITS
Hmmmmm - beginning to sound like PP.
Bleyseng
Kevin and I are talking about the pinning and unpinning of the NW Breakfast this March 27th.

We try to get as much notice out as possible for our little events because our base of 914 owners is small compared to the Cal guys/events.
and yes, I get tired of reading all the pinned posts of the Cali breakfasts, BBQ's, sawsall partys etc. I should be for the WCC and related important info.

I do get tired of bumping the threads about our little events to the top so newbies,lurkers and others have a chance to view the thread before its lost on page three. This wasn't a big deal last year when a whole page was good for two weeks of posts but not now.

Dont know the answer but none of this stuff pisses me off, I just laugh at it and with it. Those who know me know this, I am mostly full of shit!

laugh.gif

No, on PP they just ______ out parts ____ your ____s so that ____was hard to make a ____.
rhodyguy
only half full. you and i have been very civil to each other for some time. the original one never got pinned. the current one was edited by someone other than me.

kevin
SLITS
Any 914 event should get equal play. I don't give a flip if it's only one car. At least someone trys to put it together and should have the opportunity.

Some of the greatest fun I had were the Baja runs. It wasn't a parade of Porsches (actually there was only two "real" Porsches), but they were

EFFIN

fun. No rules, 7 cars, backroads and no one crashed pray.gif (but one did get a ticket smilie_pokal.gif
rhodyguy
baha runs? <_< that narrows the suspect list.

kevin
Bleyseng
My point is Kevin and I do work hard to get these NW events off the ground and we have 4 newbies maybe showing up for this event. For the NW thats incredible!!!! So all this keeping the thread pinned/unpinned and at the top of the BBS works for coverage!

Geoff
SLITS
Hmmmm - now I'm a suspect. Better go into hiding ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.