Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD : 1971 1.7 Porsche 914 driver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Jax914
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Car is Porsche SpeedYellow with red Carrera painted stripe. Car is a strong runner and has been my daily driver for 2 1/2 years.

1.7 litre engine
Dual Weber 40 IDF carburetors
Bosch 009 distributor with Petronix module
Factory stainless exhaust headers and new Bursch muffler
new starter

5-speed transmission
rebuilt one year ago - new synchros
car is converted to later style (1973-1976) side shift
full linkage bushing replacement

Full suspension rebuild front and rear
Polyurethane bushings / silicone grease / grease nipples installed
new wheel bearings and seals front and rear
converted to 5 bolt Porsche wheels - new front hubs, drilled rear hubs,
long wheel studs / open lugnuts
rear trailing arms reinforced with aftermarket kit
no swaybars - but front arms have U-brackets and rear shock mounts have balls.
rennmetal.com toweyes

Rebuilt brakes - new pads front and rear
braided steel lines in rear
painted calipers
8x16 and 6x15 Porsche Phone Dial wheels
Kumho 225/60x15 and 195/50x15 tires

Full rollcage with Daytona history - bolt in / easily removable - includes door bars.
new carpet
excellent interior
console with VDO gauges - voltmeter/oil pressure/cylinder head temp/clock
Simpson camlock harnesses
Dino steering wheel / Flamm dual air horn
Sony Stereo

many improvements made to car - extremely reliable and fun to drive.

purchase includes many spare parts including extra 1.7 long block engine and spare original tailshift transmission and engine mount bar, GT reinforcement kit included but not installed. new billet seat handles not installed yet.

Disclosure:
1) back portion of floor was repaired with sheet steel - basically a small section of the passenger area under the seat and a small area under the driver's seat. Yeah - I wish I had known at the time that half pans were available. Several other patches - 2"x18" strip in rear of trunk, hellhole repaired prior to me, couple of other small patches in floor

2) rear wheels / tires are too wide. 205's may fit better - they rub on the passenger inner "frame" when two people are in the car. The rear fenders are pulled slightly and lips are folded. tires rubbed on fender when first installed - created a bubble on the outside fender - hasn't gotten any worse in last 2.5 years.

3) paint is starting to bubble by driver's door handle cutout at front of rear fender.

4) I have a "new" front bumper - I'm working on getting it ready for paint and trying to locate a proper bump strip

5) A/C is almost complete - just need to have hoses made and installed. Compressor/evap/condensor are all installed.
e30driver
Anyone want to lend me $7k? lol Great looking car, exactly what I hope to have one day! Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.