Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: March/April COTM Nomination time! Post Pics! Done!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
The first five cars nominated (and seconded) will be be on the ballot. The winning car will be featured on the homepage during Mar/April. Also, the winner will receive a snazzy award-graphic for their member profile!!

Nomination Procedures

1. Example: Someone nominates (hypothetically) Betty's 1974 1.8 as COTM. Short narratives and/or details are not only allowed - they're encouraged!
2. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
3. Someone else seconds that nomination for Betty's car (at this point, the nomination is official).
4. Once five cars have been nominated and seconded to be COTM, the nominations are complete.
5. Next, voting! (Please be fair. One vote per person, please. Don't use/register multiple accounts to cheat.)

Contest Rules

1. For the purpose of this contest, a "914" is defined as a car that started life and still retains the general shape and characteristics of a 914. (see previous postings for details)
2. Also, to be eligible for nomination, the car must be owned by an 914World Member. Because we want to preserve these pictures in the thread, please post the pictures here or link to an existing 914world thread/blog image. Do not link to pictures on external sites or photo hosting services.
3. The Admin team will open a separate thread for nominations before the beginning of the month. All COTM nominations must be "seconded" by another member. Once five COTM nominations that are seconded, nominations will be closed.
4. Any active (defined as at least 5 posts in the last month) 914World member may nominate any active member. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
5. No self-nominations, please.
6. We will open a thread for to vote for COTM. Voting will last 10 calendar days! The car with the greatest number of votes wins COTM!
7. Once a car wins Car of the Month, that car is not eligible to win again until the next calendar year.
8. A member fortunate enough to have two or more stunning cars may win multiple times a year - it's really the car that wins COTM, not the member.
9. These rules will be upheld at the discretion of the admin team. If you have a concern about a possible infraction, PM Rick, don't post publicly.
RJMII
I nominate Bovey. Dude's worked his ass off on this car, is always helping people, and deserves the COTM award.
'74 914 turned into a 914-6 w/gt fenders and 15x8's all around:D, engine Now with a 2.4l E and MSX geared trans. with TB diff.
IPB Image
BMXerror
QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 17 2010, 05:52 PM) *

I nominate Bovey.

Second! Super nice guy and an autocrosser to boot! biggrin.gif driving.gif
Mark D.
plymouth37
QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 17 2010, 06:52 PM) *

I nominate Bovey. Dude's worked his ass off on this car, is always helping people, and deserves the COTM award.
'74 914 turned into a 914-6 w/gt fenders and 15x8's all around:D, engine Now with a 2.4l E and MSX geared trans. with TB diff.
IPB Image

Third, awesome car!
jcambo7
QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 17 2010, 07:52 PM) *

IPB Image

I 4th that nomination. Gotta get brownie points somehow. biggrin.gif JK Jon is an amazing guy. Not just cuz he is my brother in law. But because he is truly a great guy and he is always willing to help out other 914 owners. Also, cuz his car is awesome. smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif
greenie
QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 17 2010, 05:52 PM) *

IPB Image

I'll add my fifth to Jon's car.

I took a ride with him two weeks ago driving.gif seriously nice car and the engine rebuild makes for a very quick machine.

Great car! Great guy!

pic from two years ago (when Jon was young)
rick 918-S
Don't forget to post pics of your nominations! thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
number6
6th for Jon smile.gif
hot_shoe914
I nominate Buttercup cuz she is going to be awesome when we get through with her this weekend. aktion035.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 17 2010, 07:32 PM) *

Don't forget to post pics of your nominations!

I had to get permission to use pictures because of the location. =o) I got them posted.

I'll try to get more from him later.
PeeGreen 914
Wow, thanks guys aktion035.gif I'm speechless. (those of you that know me know how rare of a moment that would be) happy11.gif
McMark
Nominate RoadGlue's pretty Marathon Blue... drooley.gif
RiqueMar
I nominate jim_hoyland's car.

He's always taking pictures of other peoples cars, so it was hard for me to find one of his car!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
I second Jim's car. Very nice car and a great guy as well beerchug.gif
Sleepin
I third Jim's! drooley.gif
oz371
I am for too! That car is Beautiful. smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif
flipb
Although I'm not directly involved, I second the nomination of Buttercup. So many on the board have been following this build and hopefully she'll be ready for her photo shoot after this weekend.

So, if I'm counting correctly, the nominees so far are:

Bon Jovey's Jon Bovey's Flared -6 conversion
Jim's copper late model
Buttercup
plus RoadGlue is awaiting a second.

Did I miss any?

Flip
rick 918-S
QUOTE(flipb @ Feb 18 2010, 06:16 AM) *

Although I'm not directly involved, I second the nomination of Buttercup. So many on the board have been following this build and hopefully she'll be ready for her photo shoot after this weekend.

So, if I'm counting correctly, the nominees so far are:

Bon Jovey's Jon Bovey's Flared -6 conversion
Jim's copper late model
Buttercup
plus RoadGlue is awaiting a second.

Did I miss any?

Flip

Yep! agree.gif I'll change the title!
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif Come guys! Lets get the nominations done today! smilie_pokal.gif There are sooo many nice cars here on World. wub.gif
ConeDodger
A great big SECOND for Randy's (Roadglue) blue car...
jonferns
I'd like to add my third for roadglue's marathon blue 914!
Gustl
I nominate this nice conversion / GT clone from Frodefe (Norway)

SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 18 2010, 11:51 AM) *

I nominate this nice conversion / GT clone from Frodefe (Norway)

I second that!
rick 918-S
DONE!

1) Bovey

2) Buttercup

3) RoadGlue

4)jim_hoyland

5)Frodefe

Thanks for the nominees! Other than posting more Photos we have our 5! Voting to start soon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.