Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Rear Wheel Bearing Videos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
bigkensteele
Eric, these are great. Looking forward to the install video.
McMark
Love 'em! I like to grease my wheel bearings so they come out again next time.

You've got a really great style on those though.
rick 918-S
I really like these Eric! We need a World Video Library.
type47fan
Masterfully presented, Eric. Thanks!
SLITS
Nice there Salmon Boy.
Dr Evil
Bah, what good are these. The arms are off the car and you are using presses and vices rolleyes.gif
gopack
WHich HF press do you have? is the 12 ton press ($139.00) good enough?
Eric_Shea
Thanks all... they're rough but, hopefully will have some useful info. I'll get better at it as I do some more (well... that's the premise anyway).

I realize I'm cheating by using the proper tools but, a point I try to make in the bearing videos is, you can march into your local HF and get the 12 ton for under $100.00 on sale. You will get some use out of it if you're the "wrench'n" type and, it beats hauling control arms back and forth to a local shop that would probably charge you $50-$100 "per-pop" to remove and install. Why not buy the tool and have it pay for itself in one job. I don't know how may tools I've purchase with that motto.

Some tools you don't get at HF... this is one you do. That one has seen 10 years of regular use without a hickup.

I'll try to pull in the hubs and video that this afternoon. Then... ??? Maybe some caliper video's.
TheCabinetmaker
Thanks Eric. Even though I've done this several times, and yes, I have the same press, I would have liked to seen it before my first time.
It would have saved me the trouble of figuring it out myself.LOL
ConeDodger
I don't like it. There is no plot to it. You don't develop your characters at all. You definitely need a female protagonist with big hooters. poke.gif slap.gif
jim_hoyland
Well done ! smile.gif Keep them coming.
SLITS
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 18 2010, 06:21 AM) *

Bah, what good are these. The arms are off the car and you are using presses and vices rolleyes.gif

I was gonna say it's easier to do 'em on a car with a 2lb sledge and drift, but I didn't wanna hurt his feelings ya know being the professional he is and I'm only a backyard shadetree unpottytrained mechanic.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 17 2010, 10:27 PM) *

We need a World Video Library.

Granted, it's very (very) basic and needs some updating, but we do have some videos ...

http://www.914world.com/videos/index.php

Maybe we should make it a video forum?
idea.gif Andy
Gint
Nice! Good job Sheaster. I like how the first video is a nice easy pace and then the second one sounds like you had a pot of coffee and a case of red bull beforehand. poke.gif
6freak
great work Eric ....I need to make a trip to HF
bobhasissues
admins
please move this to classics so we can find it when we need it
Van
Great job explaining it. For those interested, I've also "cut" those stubborn races with an oxy-acetylene torch. (Obviously great care is needed.)
hwgunner
Great videos! I second the move to the classics.
Eric_Shea
Danke! I got the hub install video done as well...
jmill
Sweet! Keep them coming. Brake caliper rebuild vids would be fantastic. Maybe start with the A caliper. I have 2 of them I need to rebuild. biggrin.gif
Gint
You gotta know I'm a fanboy... cheer.gif ...but, here's a thought:

A brief explanation of why the hub has to be supported from both sides and carefully drawn into the bearing could be included in the video?
6freak
smilie_pokal.gif nuff said smilie_pokal.gif
tat2dphreak
these are great, man! I'm studying up biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.