Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new how to fix holes in the interior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
I was browsing at Walmart the other day, looking for a glass repair kit they used to sell, and i found a vinyl patch kit made by 3m (bondo). This is what i did, and the results.

1st, clean the edges of the crack/hole so they are not sticking up. This was the hole in my backpad ( 1 on each side )
underthetire
then you apply an adhesive to fill and to get the top layer to bond
underthetire
then you mix the color you want, since mine is black no mixing required. Apply only to the damaged area, don't get it outside the area, cause it looks bad once done. The kit comes with some paper backed texture pieces you place over the repair. You need to iron it on, and they give you a little tool for it. I used a model airplane iron I have since it works even better. once it cools you have this.
underthetire
Is it perfect, HELL NO! Does it cover up the ugly foam, pretty well. If you don't stare at it it's almost not noticable.
jonferns
Do you have a clearer picture of the final product? Hard to tell with the SirAndy-esque blur laugh.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Feb 18 2010, 06:37 PM) *

Do you have a clearer picture of the final product? Hard to tell with the SirAndy-esque blur laugh.gif

I'll get one, but it's dark in the garage and my car is on jackstands biggrin.gif so i'll have to wait for a sunny day to do it.
rick 918-S
Where? Automotive? Crafts? I had a friend that used to repair dash pads and vinyl interiors for dealers. He would use a pin point heat gun and press the graining in. Then mask off the dash or seat section and spray them. Not so much of that anymore.
silver74insocal
popcorn[1].gif thanks fer the info..im not a CAMF just broke like most and this is a good fix til i get the money for a decent reupholster job thanks, Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.