Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tonyiz
Anyone ever convert a 6 to a 4? What about a 914 with a type 1 engine?
sixnotfour
buckwheat,, sell the six and buy a nice running 914
Tonyiz
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 19 2010, 04:47 AM) *

buckwheat,, sell the six and buy a nice running 914

WTF.gif av-943.gif
sixnotfour
little rascals / our gang
rick 918-S
agree.gif Sell the six if you don't have the cash to fix it. Although these cars have had a bad rap for being called a poor mans porsche I have never seen much about them that is cheap. I suggest you sell the 6 and then if you really want a 914 use the cash to buy a nice 4.
Tonyiz
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 19 2010, 08:12 AM) *

agree.gif Sell the six if you don't have the cash to fix it. Although these cars have had a bad rap for being called a poor mans porsche I have never seen much about them that is cheap. I suggest you sell the 6 and then if you really want a 914 use the cash to buy a nice 4.

My question was about converting a 914/6. I never said that I wanted to do mine.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Tonyiz @ Feb 19 2010, 08:43 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 19 2010, 08:12 AM) *

My question was about converting a 914/6. I never said that I wanted to do mine.

OK, no, I have never seen it done to a 914. I have seen a 911 with a type I engine once. screwy.gif Infact I think it's in the classified on the Samba right now. screwy.gif Just because you "can do" somthing doesn't make it the right thing.

And if the thought never crossed your mind about turn shine-ola into shit why did you ask the question?
Tonyiz
And if the thought never crossed your mind about turn shine-ola into shit why did you ask the question?

Just a far fetched thought that came into my mind! I'd never do it myself! I'm thinking about putting a type 4 in one of my bugs though.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Tonyiz @ Feb 19 2010, 11:07 AM) *

Just a far fetched thought that came into my mind! I'd never do it myself! I'm thinking about putting a type 4 in one of my bugs though.

Lots of parts and info all over the net for type IV into bugs including upright fans conversions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.