Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krank
Does anyone have a picture and dimensions of the interior light?
Rod
They are still available. I bought one from a supplier here in the UK last month.
jonferns
Yep, the repros are still available from any VW shop, ebay etc. The originals are different however, with a white switch and chrome surround. Here are two pics showing the differences, the first is a repro.

IPB Image

and an original (hard to come by with nice chrome)
IPB Image
photos courtesy of mcmark
davesprinkle
Let's see... The replacement lights:
1. Have clips are sized improperly for the thickness of the 914 backpad.
2. Have spade connectors are the wrong size.
3. Have an incorrectly colored control lever.
4. Don't have the chrome ring.

Except for all that, they're an exact replacement.
bandjoey
But...they're less than $10 and you can have one in a couple of days. I just rebent the tabs with needle nose pliars and it stays in ok.
VaccaRabite
I've never been able to get my repop to stay properly.If people are changing the clip to make them work, I'd love to see what we done here.

Zach
tradisrad
I got my repo to fit. It's not perfect, but good enough. It only had one spade terminal on the gound side so I added a second so I would work off of the doors and its own switch.
Krank
O.K. I don't mean to get the purists' undies in a knot, I was just really looking for a picture and a size/measurements so I could find a suitable replacement, possibly an LED version. I see a few in the Hella catalog that may be good candidates. I am not restoring (read powered by Olds) so a few little indiscretions on my part would probably not be so bad.
underthetire
Bought one off Evilbay for like 8 bucks. Had the proper terminals, and the correct number of them. Now, it stayed in ok, until I put the wrong bulb in it and it melted headbang.gif . I'm gonna order another one and put a festoon LED in it from http://www.superbrightleds.com/ so I don't burn another one up.
detoxcowboy
O.K. I don't mean to get the purists' undies in a knot,

do tell!! drunk.gif they have white button ones on ebay germany but no chrome trim paint inside.. Mine says in German "Hecho en Mexico", as we know German ooompa music and Mexican ranch music sound the same, so I am satisfied plus the black switch matches my black interior..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.