Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can anyone tell me what fiberglass kit this is?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
the4ork
can anyone tell me what fiberglass kit this is?
IPB Image

i was eyballing this car for sale in my area for a sweet engine swap i have in mind, but somoene snagged it before i got my tax return... so im sad but i like the look so much im willing to buy that kit and install it myself.

this car looked a little rough so i might be better off doing it myself
Sleepin
Looks like a Rayco.
Rod
Really? It looks god awful to me..
Shade Tree
I think it's a Rayco too. I'd love to sell this one. Whole car or kit.

IPB Image

Mike Bellis
QUOTE(the4ork @ Feb 19 2010, 01:08 PM) *

IPB Image

i was eyballing this car for sale in my area for a sweet engine swap i have in mind, but somoene snagged it before i got my tax return... so im sad but i like the look so much im willing to buy that kit and install it myself.

Don't do it! Why ruin another perfectly good 914?

It looks like the Chalon kit too.

Have another beer3.gif you'll be OK...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Feb 19 2010, 04:47 PM) *

QUOTE(the4ork @ Feb 19 2010, 01:08 PM) *

IPB Image

Don't do it! Why ruin another perfectly good 914?

It looks like the Chalon kit too.

Have another beer3.gif you'll be OK...

We call them chitlon kits, these days along with all of the other fiberglass kits from years past. These days everyone restores them to steel stock or GT look! At least this one is already done so you will not have to suffer. Funny when the cars were new everyone was all excited about the kits to change the look. NOW NO ONE wants to do it. The 914 has truly grown to a beauty in its old age.
jmill

The 914 has truly grown to a beauty in its old age.

I agree with you here. The 914 is like that slightly odd chick noboby talked to in high school. She had a hot body but your friends thought she was strange. 20 years later you figure out your friends didn't know jack. She's still got a great body and she's unique, not strange. That's what keeps you interested.
jcambo7
QUOTE(jmill @ Feb 19 2010, 06:45 PM) *

I agree with you here. The 914 is like that slightly odd chick noboby talked to in high school. She had a hot body but your friends thought she was strange. 20 years later you figure out your friends didn't know jack. She's still got a great body and she's unique, not strange. That's what keeps you interested.

agree.gif
Cheapsnake
QUOTE(jmill @ Feb 19 2010, 04:45 PM) *

Wow! That is a dead on definition of ageless beauty!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Shade Tree @ Feb 19 2010, 02:37 PM) *

I think it's a Rayco too. I'd love to sell this one. Whole car or kit.

IPB Image

THIS picture is indeed one of a rayco kit!
ME733
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Feb 24 2010, 04:46 PM) *

QUOTE(jmill @ Feb 19 2010, 04:45 PM) *

Wow! That is a dead on definition of ageless beauty!!!

......AND...relatively...porsche wise....she's a cheap date,! which gives you money left over to go out with her and have a good time.
Tonyiz
QUOTE(jmill @ Feb 19 2010, 06:45 PM) *

Best way to describe the car I've heard to date!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.