Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master Cylinder Push Rod Clearance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
I've been through my brakes a million times and I'm still not satisfied with the pedal height. I'm 99% sure everything is correct except the MC push rod. It feels like I have a good 1" of pedal travel before it touches the MC.

Anyone have an idea what the proper clearance procedure is?

-Aaron
McMark
The pushrod attached to the pedal is adjustable. There is a lock nut you loosen and then twist the rod to length/shorten it.
yeahmag
Thanks! Just didn't know what the value was. I'll check that it's 1mm.
Cap'n Krusty
You're gonna have to get down there and feel the play with the ol' Mk1 fingertips.

The Cap'n
yeahmag
Yeah... I'll try shoving my fingers through the AL board I have first and see if it's close or not. If I could get that free play at the top of the pedal down a bit I'd be happier...
McMark
If'n ya pay real close attention, you can push the pedal and feel the pushrod hit the MC plunger/piston. 1mm at the pushrod doesn't equal 1mm at the pedal, but you can make an approximation in your head.
yeahmag
*Assuming* it's a 1.25mm thread pitch I could also run it in until it just touches and then back it off one turn.
McMark
Yup! thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.