Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuse label template
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
Was curious if anybody has made a template to label the newer style fuse boxes that are available from Pelican (as shown below)? Mine are inaccurate for amps/items fused, and I'd like to correct it. I can make my own, but was just curious if anybody already has - save some time.

Thanks.
SirAndy
There's a difference in the layout between early and late.

idea.gif Andy
JWest
QUOTE(patssle @ Feb 19 2010, 07:17 PM) *

Was curious if anybody has made a template to label the newer style fuse boxes that are available from Pelican (as shown below)? Mine are inaccurate for amps/items fused, and I'd like to correct it. I can make my own, but was just curious if anybody already has - save some time.

Thanks.

What do you have a problem with?

I believe that I have done my best to make them, not only accurate, but corrected (unless your car has been changed). The original "symbols" are a joke, and the owners manuals were flat out wrong for some of the fuse listings.

I carefully traced all the circuits and labeled correctly for each year. Some items are confusing, as a relay for a certain item may be switched from one fuse but powered from another.

I also modifed the fuse rating because the 25 amp rating on the early cars were too high. The components fed from those fuses were identical to those used in later years, and the higher amp position were actually loaded up with more items on the newer cars, yet the fuse rating went down from 25 to 16 amps. The factory obviously decided that they had too much headroom for those feeds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.