Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body plugs in the 2 trunks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
I'm looking for the plugs that go in the front and rear trunk, round things with square knobs. Are they even called body plugs, I can't find them? Are they available anywhere?

Thanks.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(patssle @ Feb 20 2010, 11:04 AM) *

I'm looking for the plugs that go in the front and rear trunk, round things with square knobs. Are they even called body plugs, I can't find them? Are they available anywhere?

Thanks.

the usual suppliers all have them. Not a big deal.
Available new and used. What happened to yours? Not a usual item that is sold
patssle
The bondo on mine in the front was coming undone, and they were rusting through. The chassis is fine, just the plugs were rusty. No water was getting in the trunk.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(patssle @ Feb 20 2010, 11:05 AM) *

The bondo on mine in the front was coming undone, and they were rusting through. The chassis is fine, just the plugs were rusty. No water was getting in the trunk.

Click to view attachment

$40.00 shipped for both, that is what i paid and no longer need then as I bought an entire fr. trunk patch that already has them.. new genuine not repro..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Feb 20 2010, 12:17 PM) *

Click to view attachment

$40.00 shipped for both, that is what i paid and no longer need then as I bought an entire fr. trunk patch that already has them.. new genuine not repro..

Great deal! The factory also made the larger ones.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 20 2010, 12:18 PM) *

QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Feb 20 2010, 12:17 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Great deal! The factory also made the larger ones.

good point, there are 2 sizes and the ones pictured are what size he was looking for, so if you do not buyu them from me at least take notice what size your getting,, there is a larger size for rear upper trunk..
patssle
I ended up making my own plugs. So if anybody else is looking for some, his are still available.

Thanks for the info and offer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.