Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring diagram for the dash gages
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I've had my gages out for a while. Just putting my interior back in the LE. Went to do the gages & while there are only so many options. There are a few different combinations. Meaning I would probably get them wrong. Figured to see if anyone had a diagram for them
rick 918-S
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 20 2010, 05:20 PM) *

I've had my gages out for a while. Just putting my interior back in the LE. Went to do the gages & while there are only so many options. There are a few different combinations. Meaning I would probably get them wrong. Figured to see if anyone had a diagram for them

I think there are diagrams on the bird board. I think... idea.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 20 2010, 03:20 PM) *

Take your pick:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914_electrical_diagrams.htm

JRust
I was hoping for a nice picture of the backside hooked up confused24.gif . Using that wiring diagram will take brain power dry.gif . Everyone should know by now I am in short supply headbang.gif
JeffBowlsby
Ya mean like this here? From my 914 Classic site:

JRust
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 20 2010, 06:13 PM) *

Yes Jeff that is perfect! Thanks

I pulled the gage partially out on my 73. Only problem is the combo gage is different. So I did need this for that one.
watsonrx13
Jamie, this is the diagram I made for my '74, hope it helps.

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
StratPlayer
combo gauge setup
JRust
I got it off of Jeff's diagram. Thanks for all the help guys. Still a ways from being able to actualy test it dry.gif . It is hooked up right though thanks to your help aktion035.gif
flipb
My gauges have some wiring quirks that I'm hoping to address soon. This thread will be a great help.

Two quick questions:

1. I know of at least one wire back there that shorted out and melted its sheath... What gauge wire do I need to replace it?

2. Is it necessary to remove the dash bottom to access the various electrical hookups on the headlight switch?

The extent of my electrical experience has been replacing fixtures and outlets in my house. Appreciate any additional tips for the clueless.
McMark
1. Most wires are 18g, but some are larger.
2. The headlight switch has a lot of connections. If you drop the relay panel (two screws), unscrew the knob and then unscrew the escutcheon (the small aluminum ring) which holds the switch onto the dash, you can then pull the switch down enough to see what is what.
nivekdodge
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 20 2010, 10:13 PM) *

Jeff
I have a dash and chunk of harness out of a 72 that im going to try to wire into my 74. will the wire colors match up?
GeorgeKopf
This is mine from a 73.

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(nivekdodge @ Jun 16 2022, 07:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 20 2010, 10:13 PM) *

Jeff
I have a dash and chunk of harness out of a 72 that im going to try to wire into my 74. will the wire colors match up?

Different gauges, different wiring
GeorgeKopf
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 20 2010, 05:44 PM) *

I was hoping for a nice picture of the backside hooked up confused24.gif . Using that wiring diagram will take brain power dry.gif . Everyone should know by now I am in short supply headbang.gif

@JRust

I found some pictures of the gauges that show the connections pretty clearly. The lights are not plugged in (blue/black wire), so the empty sockets are the dash lights.
Combo Gauge
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Speedometer (The black cable on the right is the tripometer reset cable).
Click to view attachment
Tachometer
Click to view attachment

Good Luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.