Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to get engine tin plugs/grommets?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
Does anybody know where to find rubber plugs and or grommets to fit in the various holes in the engine tin- the large ones that are towards the side of the car? Due to some modifications, I no longer have a use for the modifications.

I am asking this question for cosmetic reasons. I realize that i could create some sort of a patch. Considering that I do not plan on removing the engine soon, I figure that rubber plugs would look best.
markb
Call me Monday. I was just organizing a bunch of rubber stuff & believe I have what you need.
Dave_Darling
All of the 914-oriented retailers (AA, Pelican, GPR, HPH, probably others) should be able to provide them.

--DD
raw1298
I need those as well, do you have 2 sets?
Tom
I found some black plastic round plug caps to fit these and they slide in nice and tight. An electrical/electronics type of store should have them. May be under "dust caps for plugs". Also can find some of the regular rubber parts at BUS DEPOT.com.
Tom
detoxcowboy
Some are NLA but then I find them at a Vw shop. Airheads for example has both the alt. plugs.. Though carefull when ordering other plug that look like a seal you may need.. close but no cigar.. Plus some hardware stores have grommet up to an inch or so that workd..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.