Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've seen this spoiler before. What is it????
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
I looked at a car that had this spoiler on it once. Although the car was a turd, the spoiler looked pretty cool. I figured for 50 bucks, I can decide whether I like it or not when it gets to my house. If not, just resell it. I kinda thought it might go nicely with my whole black/green theme

Anywhoo... I was e-sniped and outbid by a whopping one dollar (Bastard.. may his genitals cease to fuction--LOL).. so now I'll never know.

My question: What is it? Where can I get one? CAN I still get one?? And does anyone have any pictures of a stock-fendered car with one on it??

Thanks!!! beerchug.gif

Matt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEBDW%3AIT
SLITS
Other than the bad pictures or my bad monitor, it looks like the spoiler of a 928 S or a copy. Had one for about three months, but don't remember exactly if that is it or not - like I said, the images are not that great on my cheap monitor.
ninefourteener
here's the 3 pics.. saves everyone from logging onto e-bay
ninefourteener
pic 2
ninefourteener
pic 2
ninefourteener
pic 3
STL914
Matt,

Contact the seller. I believe that Foreign Intrigue is a
retail dealer in Porsche stuff. They may have more in stock.
East coaster
Oh god........I had one of those on my car back in the 80's!! Back when I had 911 envy!
ninefourteener
QUOTE(East coaster @ Mar 26 2004, 05:24 AM)
Oh god........I had one of those on my car back in the 80's!! Back when I had 911 envy!

Well post some pics!!! Lets see it!

beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
Yep, the 911 Turbo whale tail look!

Geoff
seanery
That is the worst tail ever created for a teener. I think that AIR sells them. I have seen them in the AA paper catalog as well. You had such a nice looking car, please don't do this. The front spoiler is an easy fix, but sticking something like this on isn't.
ninefourteener
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 26 2004, 06:17 AM)
That is the worst tail ever created for a teener. I think that AIR sells them. I have seen them in the AA paper catalog as well. You had such a nice looking car, please don't do this. The front spoiler is an easy fix, but sticking something like this on isn't.

Oooooooo...

I think the purists are coming out of the woodwork--LOL

Its cool though.. I respect everyone's opinion. My favorite spoiler is still the AIR trunk lid/spoiler combo, but the cost involved is........... well........... high.

I'm more just curious.. again.. I'm not going to go drilling through my trunk without knowing for certain that I like it.. more of just an experiment

Oh.... and if it's of any comfort, I still have the original front valence to my car--LOL

beerchug.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 26 2004, 06:17 AM)
The front spoiler is an easy fix, but sticking something like this on isn't.

Are you suggesting that the front of my car is...... "broke"??? LOL

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
seanery
yup. Its an easy fix though! LOL

I'm not a purist, I'm a designer, I use my eyes for a living. I see a lot of other designers that use objects and things that serve no purpose. Those things usually just clutter or dilute what was or could be good design. The snowplow doesn't serve a purpose unless you are on a big track. That rear spoiler doesn't do anything. period. There are some decent duck tails out there that can generate a small amount of downforce, but only when you're over 75-90 mph.

That's just my opinion. Your car was very nice looking before. I'd just hate for you to do something that is costly to return to it's earlier state.
rhodyguy
do you really want to drill holes in the rear deck? no do-overs once you start.

kevin
East coaster
I dug out an old pic and took a digital pic of it, so the quality sucks, but here's my 80's version of a 914. I think it was 1981 and it was my first teener!
East coaster
Here's my third teener with a giant heavy rubber whale tail thingy, circa 1984! God this is embarrasing!!
Bleyseng
Sean, anything has got to look better on ninefourteeners car than the twin mailboxes!

I can't stand the 911 whail tail look. I helped a friend graft one on his KarmannGhia.

Geoff
ninefourteener
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 26 2004, 06:28 AM)

That's just my opinion. Your car was very nice looking before. I'd just hate for you to do something that is costly to return to it's earlier state.

Point well taken... I hear ya.

However, must disagree with the snowplow thing.... it makes a HUGE difference in my car.... noticeable at about 45-50 MPH.

Ok... I'll save my pennies for the AIR trunk lid. I just checked out Rennsport too.... looks like they've got one for $295
seanery
their $295 one will end up on my race car. It's my next item to purchase.
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 26 2004, 06:41 AM)
Sean, anything has got to look better on ninefourteeners car than the twin mailboxes!

I tell ya what... I love those twin mailboxes!!!!!!!
ninefourteener
my rsx too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott S
914er -
Is you car as clean and original as it looks? How is it for rust? Is it a candidate for something like a preservation class concour?

I love the original look of your car - even with the Pedrini's (the Fuchs look awesome too). I want an original car SO bad that it kills me to think of drilling holes in your decklid! Don't get me wrong, I am a big believer in to each his/her own, I just remember when you first posted pics of that car - it looked like it had been in a time capsule. Please, tell me its a rusty hunk with a single holly carb - even if it is a lie! ; )

I should trade the Martini car for what I really want...
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Mar 26 2004, 08:29 AM)
914er -
Is you car as clean and original as it looks? How is it for rust? Is it a candidate for something like a preservation class concour?

I love the original look of your car - even with the Pedrini's (the Fuchs look awesome too). I want an original car SO bad that it kills me to think of drilling holes in your decklid! Don't get me wrong, I am a big believer in to each his/her own, I just remember when you first posted pics of that car - it looked like it had been in a time capsule. Please, tell me its a rusty hunk with a single holly carb - even if it is a lie! ; )

I should trade the Martini car for what I really want...

You know..... you're the first person that has really ever asked me that... so I will be more than happy to provide as much response as I can.

Keep in mind.. I believe in buying PERFECT cars.. then suiting them more to my taste. I'm done with doing resto's and hot-rod jobs.... I buy em clean, spand a little more.. and just maintain them.

Sorry to disappoint, but my car has almost never seen rain or snow since new. The floors, battery tray, longs, trunks are all original..... and 100% rust free..... not even surface rust.. no bullshit.

The engine is not original... it is a 2.0L, with some nice upgrades. Well sorted with a good street cam, valve job, dual Solex Carbs. It's not a "show quality" engine.. but its very clean. I have reciepts for about $4K in recieps in the engine alone.... it has under 10K miles

Transmission is original tailshifter, also rebuilt less than 10K miles ago. Also well sorted.. I can downshift into first at about 25MPH with no grinding.

Interior is 100% original (restored) with the exception of the stereo. No cracks at all, no rips at all. The pass seat has a small cig burn from the PO.. that is the only defect in the interior.

My pedrinis were 100% perfect with less than 100 miles on them after a resto... but I hated them. My fuchs are "average".. but I still like them better. I no longer have the Pedrinis.

Modifications (other than the obvious) include only a slight modification to the center console gauge package.. although the gauges are all matching VDO. I'll post a pic of them.

Problems: My heater sucks ass.. thats it.
SLITS
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 26 2004, 06:28 AM)
yup. Its an easy fix though! LOL

I'm not a purist, I'm a designer, I use my eyes for a living. I see a lot of other designers that use objects and things that serve no purpose. Those things usually just clutter or dilute what was or could be good design. The snowplow doesn't serve a purpose unless you are on a big track. That rear spoiler doesn't do anything. period. There are some decent duck tails out there that can generate a small amount of downforce, but only when you're over 75-90 mph.

Yea they do something. They smash the bugs that miss your front spoiler and windshield. boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.