Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor Help...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quadracerx
Are all the distributors the same? 1.7, 1.8 and 2.0?

I have a vacuumless distributor, is it a 009?

I have carbs...is the 009 the one to use? Or do I need one with a vac advance?

If I do need one with a vac advance....do I hook vacuum up at the carb base? OR?

Thanks...again for your help

Steve

underthetire
009 is not good for these motors, but it will work. I believe the 009 does not have enough advance, and #3 is retarded from what others have told me. The vac ones work well, because they will advance during cruising speeds, then pull back for load, to keep the engine from pinging. Hopefully jake or Mcmark can chime in.
quadracerx
So does this mean the spare distributors I have....73 1.7 and a 73 2.0 will interchange with the 009 in my 76?

Where should the vacuum advance connect?

Thanks

Steve
underthetire
they all fit in the case no problem. The vacuum should go somewhere that will allow the vacuum to rise when you accelerate. I mean by rise, it should go away ( since vac is opposite of pressure, a rise in vac is less vacuum) Typically this is done from a port on the throttle body. Also, if you are using a stock 2 port vac can, leave the port open and unplugged that is on the distributor cap side. I don't know carbs on these thing that well. I'm a FI guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.