Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: March/April COTM! Voting is over!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rick 918-S
Picture #1
Click to view attachment

Picture #2
Click to view attachment

Picture #3
Click to view attachment

Picture #4
Click to view attachment

Picture #5
IPB Image
PeeGreen 914
More of #1 beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
biggrin.gif
jcambo7
Gotta vote for my brother in law. He truly deserves to be COTM. driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif
messix
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 20 2010, 11:42 PM) *

More of #1 beerchug.gif

you're such a pagent mom! lol-2.gif
carr914
lol-2.gif
type47
All beautiful cars, how to vote? Could someone post more info on car #3? (I think the background in the pix is influencing me biggrin.gif )
McMark
Picture #3 is an all stock Marathon Blue Metallic 'survivor' daily driver car. It's been up and down the west coast on vacation drives.
porschecb
What's the story on pic. 5?
RJMII
What's the story on number one? that car looks familiar for some reason?

I'm sure it wasn't nominated last time... where have I seen that pic?

Vote for number one, help jog my memory.
flipb
QUOTE(porschecb @ Feb 21 2010, 01:55 PM) *

What's the story on pic. 5?

The story of #5 is documented HERE, HERE and HERE. It's being built this weekend... hopefully they'll update with a "finished" photo soon.
PeeGreen 914
I'd actually like to know more info on #4.... that car look sweet.

Although I am partial to #1 wub.gif
craig downs
Had to vote for #2 because Jim is a great person with a great car and goes to just about every event.
Gustl
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 21 2010, 09:22 PM) *

The car is a '72 914/4 converted into an 914/6 GT replica with an euro 3.2 l
the owner's name is Frode, he lives outside Oslo, Norway
it was in Swedish Car magazine Bilsport in 2001

IPB Image

amazing_otter
More on #5-

"Buttercup" was my uncle's 914. After he was killed in a car accident in December 2008, my family (mainly my mother) decided to restore Buttercup in Lee's memory. She posted to 914 World asking for any advice about restoring this little car, and the outpouring of help has been amazing. We've had parts mailed in from all over the country.
This weekend a whole group of guys came out to help finish Buttercup up. Their support has been overwhelming.

I've been asked by a couple of the guys here to post this picture and video. The photo was taken last night; the video is from about an hour ago when the guys got her started for the first time.

IPB Image

Back row L-R: Ron (Mary's husband), Glenn (Lee's good friend), Ed ("Ejm"), Arlyn (Lee's friend and Glenn's brother), Dr. Evil (need I say more?), Bill ("bandjoey"), Mike ("kansas914"), Mary ("MaryShortridge"), and Clay ("Clayperrine")

Front row L-R: Donald ("Hot_shoe914"), Elissa (that would be me...), and Wayne ("tat2dphreak")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it5x6qqo-7s

I will also post a photo tonight of the "final progress".
ConeDodger
Elissa,
My 22 year old stepson has asked me to propose marriage on his behalf. blink.gif
Sorry... just doing what I was asked biggrin.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(craig downs @ Feb 21 2010, 12:28 PM) *

Had to vote for #2 because Jim is a great person with a great car and goes to just about every event.

agree.gif As I recall, Jim has owned his 914 most of it's life and drives it daily. beerchug.gif
BMXerror
My vote (as usual) is for Jon, but next COTM needs to be #5 (once it gets finished). That's the car the club built! beerchug.gif I'm sry I couldn't be a part of it, but it's an amazing thing that you won't find many groups of people doing!
Mark D.
amazing_otter
One more photo of #5 - "Buttercup".

The Lee Cyr Memorial Build Off Classic finished up tonight around 9pm. Here is Buttercup in all her glory.

IPB Image
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 21 2010, 02:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 21 2010, 09:22 PM) *

The car is a '72 914/4 converted into an 914/6 GT replica with an euro 3.2 l
the owner's name is Frode, he lives outside Oslo, Norway
it was in Swedish Car magazine Bilsport in 2001

IPB Image

Do you have anymore pics.... can he tell us about the build and what he did?
Kargeek
Jim gets my vote..'bout time we had a big bumper car and his is exceptional. DH
914_teener
Great car and outstanding person.....Number 2
mtn flyr
#1 beerchug.gif
RJMII
Last year the owner of #1 drove about an hour away from where he was busy working (helping someone with their 914) to sit with my cousin and her broke down car.

He called AAA, and had them tow her car for her, footed the bill in one way or another, and then drove another hour to get home. He was more than happy to help out two people that day that I'm aware of, and he just keeps on smilin'.

This is at least the 4th time he's been nominated for COTM, his car looks great, he's an highly active member in the 914 world(both off and ON the forums), he really does deserve some more votes.
jcambo7
QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 22 2010, 10:18 PM) *

Last year the owner of #1 drove about an hour away from where he was busy working (helping someone with their 914) to sit with my cousin and her broke down car.

He called AAA, and had them tow her car for her, footed the bill in one way or another, and then drove another hour to get home. He was more than happy to help out two people that day that I'm aware of, and he just keeps on smilin'.

This is at least the 4th time he's been nominated for COTM, his car looks great, he's an highly active member in the 914 world(both off and ON the forums), he really does deserve some more votes.

agree.gif He is a great guy and he is always smiling. He took time out of his day to teach me how to drive a stick in his on car and allowed to me drive it around while I was visiting my parents a couple years ago. He truly deserves more votes.
carr914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 22 2010, 11:18 PM) *

This is at least the 4th time he's been nominated for COTM, his car looks great

Yes, Jon is like that baseball player that is up for the Hall of Fame every year, but doesn't get in because the competition is so tough. Eventually he gets in with the Oldtimers exception vote in.

Heck, he deserves it, just for giving AA his Original emblem instead of making them pay through the nose.
blitZ
I typically don't care for the late model bumpers, but #2 looks great. Got my vote.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 22 2010, 08:18 PM) *

biggrin.gif Thanks guys. Even if I don't win hearing what you guys say is worth more than COTM.

Oh, and I think this is the 5th or 6th time my car has been up for COTM huh.gif lol-2.gif But every car that beat me, and most have been very close, have been amazing cars. Can't feel bad losing to them.

RJMII
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 23 2010, 09:57 AM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 22 2010, 08:18 PM) *

biggrin.gif Thanks guys. Even if I don't win hearing what you guys say is worth more than COTM.

Oh, and I think this is the 5th or 6th time my car has been up for COTM huh.gif lol-2.gif But every car that beat me, and most have been very close, have been amazing cars. Can't feel bad losing to them.

Yeah... but who is #4?? My point is that YOU are ACTIVE on the forum, off the forum, everybody knows you.

Next time maybe I'll nominate the 914-8 that's sitting on the show room floor of the Porsche museum. It's a nice car... and the owners seem to be just as active as #4's owner. (who hasn't even stopped in to say anything about his car)

just sayin'...
PeeGreen 914
I dunno... I thought it was an active members car confused24.gif

Frodefe
I am new to this forum, and active smile.gif
- been on holiday in Egypt w/o internet access, thus not been able to comment or add any information.

Here is the basic:

Body: The car is strenghtened to 914-6GT spesifiaction, fibre glass/carbon bonnet, rear lid, bumpers and rocker panels. GT engine lid and original engine mount.

Engine: 3,2 lter 6 cyl.air cooled boxer from a 911 Carrera 1985, chiptuned from Ruf, race headers, K&N filter ca 245HP

Cooling: Large front cooler with thermostat, engine oil coler and original oil tank.

Gearbox: Modificated to side shift (from 73) and installed limited slip differential. Installed Rennshift

Brakes: Front brakes from Porsche Boxter with crossdrilled rotors. 914-6 calipers back with spacers and rotors from 911SC

Front axle: 911 Carrera with 22 mm torions bars, Ruf antiroll bar 23 mm.
Bilstein gas dampers

Rear axle: Original but strenghtened arms, 180 Lbs springs and Bilstein gas dampers

Color: Porsche L20E Signalorange

Weight: Emty car 940KG

Wheels: Fuchs 8x15 with 225x50x15

Other: VW type petrol heater in front trunk
Battery moved to right side in front trunk
FIA approved safety device roll cage, removable
Momo steering wheel, removable
Tower brace between rear damper tower
Retro ”Le Mans” seats
Alu floor

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
balljoint
Nice. Well, now I am just jealous. smile.gif

#1.

Still have those pics of Jon's sister. wink.gif

PeeGreen 914
drooley.gif You have a very beautiful car aktion035.gif

I love that look and the lights. Thanks for posting more pics and feel free to post more....please biggrin.gif How did you do the floors?

blink.gif not really helping my cause am I? huh.gif
6freak
I like the carpet kit on top of the fuel tank
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 23 2010, 04:03 PM) *

drooley.gif You have a very beautiful car aktion035.gif

I love that look and the lights. Thanks for posting more pics and feel free to post more....please biggrin.gif How did you do the floors?

blink.gif not really helping my cause am I? huh.gif

No not really Jon... slap.gif You're supposed to be talking about how your car is nicer and all the things you have done to it. Maybe you should post more pics? drunk.gif
TJB/914
I voted for #1

It's in the top 1% of the best cars in 914-land. smilie_pokal.gif

Whatever the outcome, hang in there. popcorn[1].gif

Tom
RJMII
Wow! that is a nice car! :drool:

I hope you're having a good time in Egypt. =o)
black73
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 23 2010, 05:56 AM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 22 2010, 11:18 PM) *

This is at least the 4th time he's been nominated for COTM, his car looks great

Yes, Jon is like that baseball player that is up for the Hall of Fame every year, but doesn't get in because the competition is so tough. Eventually he gets in with the Oldtimers exception vote in.

Heck, he deserves it, just for giving AA his Original emblem instead of making them pay through the nose.

Maybe if we were voting for person of the month... idea.gif

All very nice cars, but I have to go with #4.
RJMII
COTM Car Owner ' The Month? idea.gif
Todd Enlund
All very nice cars, as always, but I'd like to see Rick trump the vote and just make #5 the COTM because of what it represents. No car better illustrates what this site is all about. Carry the other nominations forward to the next vote.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Frodefe @ Feb 23 2010, 12:47 PM) *

I am new to this forum, and active smile.gif
- been on holiday in Egypt w/o internet access, thus not been able to comment or add any information.

Here is the basic:

Body: The car is strenghtened to 914-6GT spesifiaction, fibre glass/carbon bonnet, rear lid, bumpers and rocker panels. GT engine lid and original engine mount.

Engine: 3,2 lter 6 cyl.air cooled boxer from a 911 Carrera 1985, chiptuned from Ruf, race headers, K&N filter ca 245HP

Cooling: Large front cooler with thermostat, engine oil coler and original oil tank.

Gearbox: Modificated to side shift (from 73) and installed limited slip differential. Installed Rennshift

Brakes: Front brakes from Porsche Boxter with crossdrilled rotors. 914-6 calipers back with spacers and rotors from 911SC

Front axle: 911 Carrera with 22 mm torions bars, Ruf antiroll bar 23 mm.
Bilstein gas dampers

Rear axle: Original but strenghtened arms, 180 Lbs springs and Bilstein gas dampers

Color: Porsche L20E Signalorange

Weight: Emty car 940KG

Wheels: Fuchs 8x15 with 225x50x15

Other: VW type petrol heater in front trunk
Battery moved to right side in front trunk
FIA approved safety device roll cage, removable
Momo steering wheel, removable
Tower brace between rear damper tower
Retro ”Le Mans” seats
Alu floor

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Wow! I bet that car gets invited to all the best parties. So I'm guessing that the petrol heater is so you can run headers and still stay warm. Sweet.
Chris Pincetich
Tough choices!
beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
Six more days to vote! If you haven't voted yet you still have time. Rally around your favorite teener and drum up some support. With six days it's anyones win! icon_bump.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Feb 23 2010, 08:17 PM) *

All very nice cars, as always, but I'd like to see Rick trump the vote and just make #5 the COTM because of what it represents. No car better illustrates what this site is all about. Carry the other nominations forward to the next vote.

agree.gif beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
Sorry kids you'll just have to rally around your favorite car. There is no way I'm turning this into "Rick's Pics"

I went outside the box last month with the Gurl's pole. That I will do again. (just warning you all now biggrin.gif )

Hey, BTW: I'm not an admin here. I'm just a cheerleader in a world of nuts.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Feb 23 2010, 08:17 PM) *

agree.gif but I'm biased. the other cars are also well deserving and beautiful. I just find buttercup's story more grouphug.gif wub.gif

here's a gratuitous pic including the optional trunk monkey.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 23 2010, 12:19 PM) *

Next time maybe I'll nominate the 914-8 that's sitting on the show room floor of the Porsche museum.

As long as you get Ferry Porsche to join 914world ... shades.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 25 2010, 11:58 AM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 23 2010, 12:19 PM) *

Next time maybe I'll nominate the 914-8 that's sitting on the show room floor of the Porsche museum.

As long as you get Ferry Porsche to join 914world ... shades.gif

Who owns the car now? Ferry passed away in '98. sad.gif I should at least find the current owner and get them to join. beerchug.gif
rallysport70
I am just now getting more active on this site (which is awesome BTW). I also believe choosing #5 Buttercup is the right thing to do. smilie_pokal.gif

The others are sweet as well, and should be considered for the next round. Just my 2 cents.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.