Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still in shock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EyeTrip
Ok this weekend I swapped rear springs with #100 weltmiers and fabed up mounts for the front sway bar. Wow what a differents!!!! I've been driving it for 2yrs without suspension work and now it feels like a new ride.

Just had to share!!!!
driving.gif
enjoy the drive .............
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(EyeTrip @ Feb 21 2010, 01:15 AM) *

Ok this weekend I swapped rear springs with #100 weltmiers and fabed up mounts for the front sway bar. Wow what a differents!!!! I've been driving it for 2yrs without suspension work and now it feels like a new ride.

Just had to share!!!!
driving.gif
enjoy the drive .............

Took me a year to find out I had no shocks at all front or rear, car was being held up by the bushings, torsion bar and stock springs.. sure road smooth though..
McMark
smilie_pokal.gif

It's always enlightening how the little, basic stuff makes such a HUGE difference.
EyeTrip
The funny thing is ... all I wanted to do is make it handle like a "Porsche" Who knew it was that basic. My dodge truck was soo much better in the twisteis than my porsche and I thought that was way wrong.
Rear sway in going in this week with new tires. I cant wait to see what that does.
JRust
Nice Cory! Always nice to get a ride in the 914. Let alone after such anotable improvement. I still need to bribe you to come down to weld in my suspension ear. Sometime in the next few months. I do want to have it for WCR without a doubt biggrin.gif
EyeTrip
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 21 2010, 07:55 PM) *

Nice Cory! Always nice to get a ride in the 914. Let alone after such anotable improvement. I still need to bribe you to come down to weld in my suspension ear. Sometime in the next few months. I do want to have it for WCR without a doubt biggrin.gif

I'm still up for it. I just have to pick up some more wire, I got carried away with the front sway reinforcement HAHAHA
Let me know when a good time is, and we will figure it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.