Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPS mounting hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
scrz914
Was wondering if any one has a photo or listing of all the parts used in mounting the MPS. Mine has a couple of rubber isolater type washers that the bolts go through, but I've heard that the bolts should also have a brass sleeve?
It seems like care was taken to lessen vibration to the MPS, but then why is the bottom of the bracket secured with sheet metal screws? Or is that something the PO used? Just not sure how these came from the factory or what they were trying to accomplish.
Thanks.
Bleyseng
Three rubber bushings with brass inserts were used to mount the MPS. The top mount had a bolt that also held the Decel valve to the body. Yes, the two lower mounts used big screws to mount the MPS.
scrz914
Three rubber bushings with brass inserts were used to mount the MPS. The top mount had a bolt that also held the Decel valve to the body. Yes, the two lower mounts used big screws to mount the MPS.

Okay, that's what I was guessing. Just need to get some of those rubber washers and with the brass sleeves. Maybe AA?

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 22 2010, 10:41 AM) *

On the money as usual! But the lower mounts seem a little inconsistent don't they?

Pat
Bleyseng
inconsistent? no, cheap but they didn't have to weld 2 nuts inside of the mps bulkhead so they saved money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.